Author Topic: Shield Bash in tier 4  (Read 3335 times)

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Shield Bash in tier 4
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
 *HI* Hi...Lat say, if for Guardian in tier 4, maximum points for Shield Bash is 4 and equipped shield have 4 more points... Then this guardian will have in total 7 points (maximum possible) for this ability? Or only 4, maximum for tier 4?  ??? :-[

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Bash in tier 4
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
It isn't like that. These two bonuses (on shield and from guardian skill tree) are compared and higher one is applied. In your case the Shield bash skill will be 4 /4 and 4/.
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
Newcomer is again correct...
Item skill points aren't sum up with the ordinary skill points. Only the higher is applied.

But effects from items same with skill effects, such as bonus block or range are sum up.

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
If a hunter with 2 weapons, in one hand have +3 points of Retaliate, Ambush or Blind (speak only about one of them) and in other hand +4 with the same skills (Retaliate, Ambush or Blind) then maximum will be only 4 points of this skills? And how will be if this hunter has one of these skills own, +4 points (Retaliate, Ambush or Blind)?

As I understand it will be only 4 pts and skills from weapons is not summed......in any way?  *WALL*  *suicide*

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »
If your first weapon have +3 and the second +4 skill points of (lets say) Ambush, then you will use the skill as 4 skill points are invested. This doesn't change even if you are equipped with both items at the same time. Or if you have less than 4 skill points at that skill.
If you equip a weapon with more than +4 bonus then only that bonus is "activated". And when you invest more skill points than the bonus of the item then you don't get any bonus.

short sword with +3 crushing blow
short sword with +4 crushing blow
character with +2
Crushing blow effect is +4 if both are equipped
Crushing blow effect is +3 if the first one is equipped
Crushing blow effect is +4 if the second one is equipped
Crushing blow effect is +2 if none is equipped

And if character have +4(or more) crushing blow then it doesn't matter what you are equipped (from the selection above).

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 12:34:47 AM »
Sad...I thought all skills are summed...from character, weapons and shields....I thought wrong  *PUNISH* .... Thanks... *THANK*

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »
One more question....how about critical hit? Character hunter, have 7 pts. and 2 weapons with crit. hit..... this skill is sum up?  ???

I know maximum possible it's 50% crit. chance...only I don't thing critical hit is calculated only from dexterity..... :hmmm:

Offline snif

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
One more question....how about critical hit? Character hunter, have 7 pts. and 2 weapons with crit. hit..... this skill is sum up?  ???

I know maximum possible it's 50% crit. chance...only I don't thing critical hit is calculated only from dexterity..... :hmmm:

Do not confuse critical skill with weapon critical stats. with skills such as ambush, shield bash and such the highest is selected for the calculation.
weapon critical is a given stats not a skill (not like critical skill where lvlX gives you critical bonus Y). those are summed up (easy to see if you calculate all your bonuses and watch the BR).