Author Topic: Multiple battles from one trip  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Multiple battles from one trip
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
I have been encountering a few situations where I go on a trip to battle whoever, and find that once the battle is done, I fight again - different enemies (same type but random specs) without the requirement to travel back to town. Then I fight them a third time. Each time I am getting experience and gold (maybe an item drop). This is great and it's an awesome time saver - but can be dangerous because I can run out of health.

How does this happen? Can I do anything to intentionally have these repeated battles?

Also, On one of my previous encounters, I fought alone for the first round, but then wanted to have my mercs fight with me as more fighters appeared. I couldn't click the tick-box to bring them into the fight. The tick-box would not enable. Why is that?
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple battles from one trip
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »
I have been encountering a few situations where I go on a trip to battle whoever, and find that once the battle is done, I fight again - different enemies (same type but random specs) without the requirement to travel back to town. Then I fight them a third time. Each time I am getting experience and gold (maybe an item drop). This is great and it's an awesome time saver - but can be dangerous because I can run out of health.

How does this happen? Can I do anything to intentionally have these repeated battles?

Also, On one of my previous encounters, I fought alone for the first round, but then wanted to have my mercs fight with me as more fighters appeared. I couldn't click the tick-box to bring them into the fight. The tick-box would not enable. Why is that?

There are several mutistage dungeons - battle zones which consist of several battle in a row. There at each round you meet different enemies and there are a different number of rounds.

There is 1 multistage dungeon in Hope Village and 2 in each province of tier 2 and tier 3. This is part of the game design and is indeed intended to save you time, the only difference is that all items that drop there are automatically bound to you.

As far as the merc goes, you need to take him for the first battle as well, then you will have an option to use him later. Once you give up his services, the chance to use him will not come back.

14/88

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »
Each province has certain amount of multiple battle zones, so called dungeons, populated usually with humanoids, few of them with animals. Fighting in dungeons can save time, but all drop items from the fallen enemies become automatically bounded to you, no matter your class.
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2.0

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
Each province has certain amount of multiple battle zones, so called dungeons, populated usually with humanoids, few of them with animals. Fighting in dungeons can save time, but all drop items from the fallen enemies become automatically bounded to you, no matter your class.
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2.0

Actually, each province has 1 multistage dungeon with humanoids and 1 with animals :)  Except Hope Village, that is.

14/88

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Actually, each province has 1 multistage dungeon with humanoids and 1 with animals :)  Except Hope Village, that is.

I didn't know this. Thanks :)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
As far as the merc goes, you need to take him for the first battle as well, then you will have an option to use him later. Once you give up his services, the chance to use him will not come back.

If this is the case, may I suggest removing the option when mercs weren't involved in the initial battle. It's just confusing having an option shown that cannot be activated.

Also, is there any indication whether a particular battleground has a multistage dungeon? If not, perhaps there should be.

Thanks for your help.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

chegewara

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
this is not indications and shouldnt be. you dont know what you find in dungeons and thats the point. you need to go and try every dungeons to find out what will happened 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
If this is the case, may I suggest removing the option when mercs weren't involved in the initial battle. It's just confusing having an option shown that cannot be activated.

Also, is there any indication whether a particular battleground has a multistage dungeon? If not, perhaps there should be.

Thanks for your help.

There is no indication, the surprise element plays a big part. I have a list of all multistage dungeons but such information will not be available here.