Author Topic: Compensation for "maintenance"  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Blind_Antelope

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Compensation for "maintenance"
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »
I have 4 characters in the game. Each of them has items in cache that need to be cleared (sold or moved to home) EVERY day. Not being able to access the game for 2 days means I have lost set pieces and epic items because of the cache time limit. I lost a full longbowman's set, 3 pieces of a phalanx set, and a number of epic items. I am sure lots of others are in the same predicament.
Millions of gold spent (raised via selling diamond) to purchase these items. Is there any chance of getting these items back? Will there be any compensation for this?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do!

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Compensation for "maintenance"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »
The server has been restarted from the last minute before crash, so it's as the game has stopped for 2 days and it stopped for everybody, namely nobody could play and so it's like nothing has happened. No compensation then.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:41:54 PM by robiolastex »

Offline Cuorion

• Ye Goode Olde
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
The only stat the cache keeps for every item is the time and date it got there. Server down or not, the only way that the cache wouldn't "count" the 2 downtime days would be for the server's calendar to be set 2 days back.

Truth be told, a lot of people lost items in their cache, and it was by all means due to game fault. They should be 100% compensated. I don't know how feasible this is, though...
We are simple humans (except Cuorion he is AI cyborg under development  :D)  and humans some times do mistakes...

Offline Dark

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
Same happen with Premium account, On saturday night I wanted to spend my AP (37) with a tier 6 hero because the next day on this account my premium was going to end. I wasn't able to log in on saturday night (aprox. 23 game time) and the whole sunday. When I log in on monday I find my hero with 37 AP and with ended premium account, so AP were stopped but premium account went normally as if we all play. For me it is not a problem that I didn't spend my AP cause I'm not maniac (yet :D) but for some people it might be problematic when they found their accounts  out of premium because of a server lag. greetings

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
I've forgotten to say that the 2 days will be reset, but they haven't been reset yet.

Offline Czesio_KLN

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
Maybe some players thinks abouts simple events even not like compensation but like "breathe life into" in this game...
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I mean