Author Topic: Heavy Shield bug  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Heavy Shield bug
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:52:25 AM »
My warrior mercs usually wear heavy shields, because as warriors they wear any armor they want.  However, when I tried to switch one of my warrior merc's Bronze Plated Round Shield for an Agate Round Shield, it wouldn't let my warrior merc wear the new shield.

When I tried to put the old shield back on, it wouldn't let me do that either.  He wields a one-handed club, so that can't be it.  The items themselves are telling me that the shields aren't for his class.  How could any armor not be for a warrior's class?????  The shields are Tier 2 and my merc is also Tier 2, so he should be able to wear either one of them. 

Please help!

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Shield bug
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:36:46 AM »
My warrior mercs usually wear heavy shields, because as warriors they wear any armor they want.  However, when I tried to switch one of my warrior merc's Bronze Plated Round Shield for an Agate Round Shield, it wouldn't let my warrior merc wear the new shield.

When I tried to put the old shield back on, it wouldn't let me do that either.  He wields a one-handed club, so that can't be it.  The items themselves are telling me that the shields aren't for his class.  How could any armor not be for a warrior's class?????  The shields are Tier 2 and my merc is also Tier 2, so he should be able to wear either one of them. 

Please help!

Only guardians can wear heavy shields - meaning warriors who have chosen that specialization. Unfortunately,  since mercs cant choose specilaization they are currently not allowed to wear heavy shields, the system just doesnt detect it. I hope after the programmers are back from vacation this problem can be fixed.