Author Topic: Item not bound to anyone anymore?  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Item not bound to anyone anymore?
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »
I had a bunch of equipment on a merc, then removed the items, dismissed the merc and hired a new one. I want to put the equipment on the new merc (same class) but cannot. The image below shows that the item WAS bound, but now is bound to...nobody? I should be able to use this item on the new merc.
The image shows that the item is soulbound to nobody.

I know that items become soulbound to mercs, but the developers should at least let us move items to and from mercs as we wish. You don't want our main fighter using the items, fine, but at least let us carry items from one merc to another. Its a real scam if our mercs can't develop (increase in their tier) AND their equipment can't be shared amongst the next merc (which we inevitably need to hire because the current merc won't upgrade).
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

chegewara

Re: Item not bound to anyone anymore?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »
those items are bound to old merc and cant be wear on new one. only old merc can wear it. but you cant hire old merc then this items are useless to you and you can only sell it in NPC shops 8)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
I know that it was bound to the old merc. 
I also know that it cannot be added to a new merc.
The image obviously shows a bug, as the item is still has soulbinding applied but no name associated with it. Either the name should stay, or the soul binding should be removed.

Along with the bug, I was suggesting to the developers to broaden the soulbinding that is applied with mercs. Items used by mercs should be usable by any mercs (of the appropriate class), not just one.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Hitomi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »
I am affraid i have the same problem ..My character is archer and i recruited an archer mercenary..  i cannot equip any item to my mercenary couse once i have used it to my character .. now always say that is bounded to my character (is not couse i use othe items for my character now)   :( i guess this is a bag ..

chegewara

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »
I am affraid i have the same problem ..My character is archer and i recruited an archer mercenary..  i cannot equip any item to my mercenary couse once i have used it to my character .. now always say that is bounded to my character (is not couse i use othe items for my character now)   :( i guess this is a bag ..

this is no bug. if you use any item in at least one battle on any character (hero, any merc) then this item belongs to this character and only this character can use that item. and you can see it cause item have bounded to: in parameters 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
I know that it was bound to the old merc. 
I also know that it cannot be added to a new merc.
The image obviously shows a bug, as the item is still has soulbinding applied but no name associated with it. Either the name should stay, or the soul binding should be removed.

Along with the bug, I was suggesting to the developers to broaden the soulbinding that is applied with mercs. Items used by mercs should be usable by any mercs (of the appropriate class), not just one.

I understand your frustration but I am really not sure how will that be possible, because the binding occurs not to a name, but to a particular hero I think. If someone wears it in battle it binds to the hero, if you dismiss that someone - obviously he is gone and can not be detected by the system but the item is still bound - even if it doesnt show the name becase the merc is gone.
I dont know if its feasable to extend binding ONLY for mercs - this is a feature of the game that works on a simple principle - you wear it, its yours. That of course if for programmers to say if this suggestion is considered but I am just refering to the above problem with no name shown - it can not show a name, the hero (Merc) is gone. If the binding was done based on name, you could name your merc same as your hero and use the items (some people tried it actually :). Therefore if this merc is gone and you hire a new merc, the name also disappears on items the previous merc wore, to prevent you from using them again.
I hope at least this helps to understand why I dont think this is a bug :)

Offline govinda

• The Silent Stalker
  • Tier 2
  • Non nobis Domine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »
I hope at least this helps to understand why I dont think this is a bug :)

And on this assertion we should open a deep discussion on "What do you think a BUG is" discovering that anybody has, as usual, a slighty different idea on the question.
Anyway generally speaking i noticed that the "common players" tend to consider the apparent incongruences on this "still in open beta version" game as something to fix asap, while the "moderators" tend to "justify" the game as it is. Of course this is a generalization, with its particular exeptions.

Which is my personal opinion? Well, as a common player, I can't avoid to compare this "virtual reality" to the "true reality", in which common people tend to refuse the "unjustice" of life (famine, war, cancer etc. etc.) while priests and popes of any religion strain themselves to make people subjected to the "inscrutable projects of God" .
But, are the game's rules so difficult to change as the life's ones? Than: Is the magnificent programmer a sort of "God of the Game"? And, last but not least: How long will He stay on his HOLY holydays?  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:39:25 AM by govinda »
pls DONT click positive on my Karma, coz I'm PROUD of its negativity, knowing the two worms that are feeding it! ^_^

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
When you use item, its bind to you. and nobody else cant use that item after that. Same goes for mercs and everybody else. You wear armor and it fits you perfectly, larger person wont be able to wear it. Its a game mechanic and get used to it. Reasons behind it that game focus a lot on crafting. And without binding, all items would be just shared between characters.
Like everybody else, i played game also in alfa where we all switched weapons to lower lvl friends in guild when we get better one.
And main reason most of people dont like binding, because they can equip their mercs with old equipment.