Author Topic: MAJOR HOUSE BUG  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
MAJOR HOUSE BUG
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:54:08 PM »
The rent on my home expired while I was away from the game for the weekend.  I received a system message saying my house items were being moved to my cache, when those items were just supposed to be locked my house. 

When I checked my Hero's cache to find the items, my Cache was empty.  The house rent was due between 4-5 days ago.  The cache is supposed to hold my items for 168 hours (a.k.a. 7 days).  I'm very sure that 4-5 days is less than 7 days.

I want my items back.  I had saved some very expensive items that I purchased with diamonds.  I don't have to tell you that this is a make or break deal for membership to this game.  Losing real money on a game bug will definitely hurt business.

Repeat: I want my items returned to my home where they should still be.  They should never have moved to my cache.  According to the home description, unpaid rent locks those items from my use until rent is paid, which was paid within minutes of logging in with cash on hand.

Marille

Offline Tinman

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: MAJOR HOUSE BUG
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:21:31 AM »
Same here although i didn't buy them I had recipes I was waiting to grow into and they were moved to the cache .Now I pay rent on the same day it was due only was past due recipes are gone I go to cache and it is empty ...it says it is held there for 168 hours THEN deleted...I want my recipes back WTF is this a third world game???
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :P 
http://www.torn.com/193519
Click link for a good game.

chegewara

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:38:09 AM »
this is beta version game and if you dont understand that maybe you should change game. the game is still developed, by people, and maybe someone made mistake or maybe when some futures was implemented yesterday program made strange operations. lot of players receive messages saying his orders has just expired even if it happened long time ago. there is lot of players which lose his items but as i said this is still beta test version and it can happened 8)

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:17:33 AM »
Well, Beta version or no, the items stored in my home are logged by the admins, just in case something like this comes up.  So, they can be restored.

Any game version that asks people to spend real money on a game that isn't finished is liable for the consequences and should make good on the loss when it was not the fault of the player.  That is just good business sense.  I am not asking for anything more than what I had before my home's rent came due.  If the game changed over the weekend and moved the items to the cache, then I should be able to find them there.  My cache was empty.  Even items that were overflow from unpurchased auction stock didn't show up in my cache when I checked.  I can accept losing the few spirit potions that were in auction.  However, the expensive items I had been keeping safe in my home I want returned. 

This game does not let someone pay their rent in advance.  So, there is no way to avoid having the game say your rent is owed.  Fixing this issue now will prevent several hundred follow-up requests like this later, when other players experience the same thing.

chegewara

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:33:58 AM »
as i said, this is beta version and none force players to spend real money. you said that programmers have logs and they know what players have in bags and houses, maybe, but i still dont think they will back items to players, but we will see this at morning 8)

Offline Tinman

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
yeah you can go to the last saved point before the event happened.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »
The problem should be corrected, all items have been restored and returned to the cache to the best of the programmer's ability. Please check there.

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »
I found all my house items and unpurchased auction items in my cache when I logged in.

Thank you to the programmers for correcting the cache problem, so that our items appeared there.   ;D

However, will I encounter the issue where all my house items end up in my cache again in 6-7 days as rent comes due again?  That is at the core of the bug.  I believe that our House items should stay in our House, in case we ever needed an extended vacation, so we don't lose them to the cache and find they disappear after 7 more days elapse while we are away.

Marille
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:02:54 PM by Marille »

Offline robusta

• Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »
I found all my house items and unpurchased auction items in my cache when I logged in.

Thank you to the programmers for correcting the cache problem, so that our items appeared there.   ;D

However, will I encounter the issue where all my house items end up in my cache again in 6-7 days as rent comes due again?  That is at the core of the bug.  I believe that our House items should stay in our House, in case we ever needed an extended vacation, so we don't lose them to the cache and find they disappear after 7 more days elapse while we are away.

Marille

The bug is fixed.We fixed it before we return the lost items.When you don't login in the game for a long time ...there is no problem.Only after you loged if your house's rent is not paid then the items from your house will go to the cash and if you pay the rent they will automaticaly go back to your house (if they did't got deleted for 168 hours in the cash).We appoligize for the trouble with the lost items 

Offline Tinman

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »
thanks for the timely fix, sorry bout the rudeness  :-* it is just annoying to see all your thing gone and nothing you can do about it.
In the cache it says move to bag, move to home,what is the bag? Is that the Hero's bag he carries with him/her?

chegewara

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »
yes. bag is place where you carry items with you