Author Topic: New Challenge system bug  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
New Challenge system bug
« on: August 20, 2009, 07:13:10 PM »
The point of the arena was to make it possible for players who wanted to duel for fame and cash could travel to the Imperial City and fight anytime they wanted, or not go there if they wanted.

The new Challenge system forces fights on players who may not want to fight yet.  It also loots cash from them, too.  Imagine waking up to find 20 people have challenged you, your fame has dropped 300 points and your cash has been looted down to zero.  That is what will happen as the game continues the way it is set up now.

We should have the option to turn challenge on or off.  Watching this game degrade into the typical beatdown games we find elsewhere, where the top players/bullies have fame of 3000 while everyone else is farmed for fame and cash makes no sense.

chegewara

Re: New Challenge system bug
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
first, if you lose challenge you dont lose gold, only fame. second challenging is possible only in +-2 range and only inside same tier. if you have level 19 then only players with levels 17, 18 and 19 can challenge you. then please tell me where you found bug or just posts like this post in discussion

Offline Marille

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:11:02 AM »
When I log on I get system messages describing that I was challenged and the outcome and cash I've lost if I lost a challenge or won if I won a challenge while offline.
---------------------
If I type anything in the chat box where the system messages show up, it's as if I made a new challenge to someone but I don't lose AP, but I may lose or gain fame or cash.
---------------------
I have no way of preventing the battles I didn't choose to enter with other players.  I would like the choice to turn challenges on or off.  Being forced into a PVP fight is not right.

Offline govinda

• The Silent Stalker
  • Tier 2
  • Non nobis Domine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:40:59 AM »
Being forced into a PVP fight is not right.

Yesterday it was thursday and shops were closed in the afternoon. Walking downtown, I heard a child crying in front of a toy shop and screaming "It's not right!" onto his mother. "Rules are rules, baby" said the mother "You cannot open the shop, screaming". it is necessary to have loads of patience to be a mother... and a moderator, I would dare to say.  ;)
pls DONT click positive on my Karma, coz I'm PROUD of its negativity, knowing the two worms that are feeding it! ^_^

Offline Krum

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
Actually it is way to spend more action points and make people look for better items for their heroes instead of mining rocks all day. :) The other thing is you can never lose 300 fame, the bigger difference between your fame and the fame of the attacker the less he will take. Furthermore the system is designed to look for enemies that have similar fame, so if you got beaten a lot your fame will drop, you will be appointed low fame heroes like yourself(weaker heroes) against which of course you have better chance and you'll start winning.