Author Topic: DNS problems with IH  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
DNS problems with IH
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »
Hi guys,

since almost 2 days now my ISP provider is having problem with their DNS so when i try to conect with the IH web my browser can't resolv it. no matter what i type it trys to go to http://www30.imperialhero.org/game/map_flash.php but can't reach it, it shows the error "the conecction have been reset".

If i do a ping to www.imperialhero.org i get a response, i also tryed puting the IP of the game in the browser but nothing happen...

This same problem happens with the-west.net; but i can log in OK to ImperiaOnline.

Is there any other way to resolv the DNS in my side of the coenction? or other IP where i can try to log in...
i have the cable modem from the ISP wich i can't do much more than unplug it, then a Linksys wireless with DHCP configuration, i tryed to put a DNS server (wich i found on the web) there to see if i can make the router resolve the DNS in other DNS server than my ISP; but i don't know if this si possible.

If anyone have an idea to try, most wellcome.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: DNS problems with IH
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
is your conection filtered from your ISP?? i had similar problems when my connection was filtered.
does your other sites open ok? try to go to net, find DNS for your ISP and then go to control panel, network conection, TCP/IP and enter taht 2 DNs manually. then your net wont search any dns but use that 2 imidietly. that ussually helps me when i adjust computers in net i work on.

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
I'm having problems with IH and the-wet, moslty of other webs are ok, it supouse not to be filtered but i'm thinking they are doing something and screwed everything.

I tryed to put the DNS manually in my conection config in the pc and nothing happened, i tried with their DNS, and many others i found on the web.
I also tryed to put the dns in the router but also nothing again;

I'm not shure who is the one that makes the request to the DNS server when i try to search for a web if it's my PC, the router or the cablemodem.
From what i have investigate mostly doing what you recomended should fix the problem but here it dosen't no matter what dns server i use.  >:(

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »
i am not great expert, i just learned stuff because i must know it because my job. :) your browser(PC) makes request. so when you put DNS in that TCP/IP it doesnt serch for DNS but use those. if you leave it automatic then it uses those put in router, but i noticed that few routers didnt wish to remembered what i wrote in them and used their own settings.
i guess your ISP have some kind of customer service. call them, and tell them to give you DNS. or if you are lucky to get expert on phone, tell him your problem.