Author Topic: Critical Hit changes without Announcement.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Critical Hit changes without Announcement.
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »
I really wont to know why important changes are made without the proper announcement, and why they have limited the Critical hit to 50% like this...

I know the limit is 50% but there are special skills (in wich we have spended points) tht could rise this %.
In my case, a Ranger, i invested points in Ambush and Retaliate wich increse the critical Hit Over 50% if it's posibble.

My basic critical hit is 51%.. so that should be reduce to 50% by rule, then the opponent's agy reduce 1% for every 10 agy (showed in the first round we face a new opponent in red), so if my Critical chance is 47% + 8% from ambush it shold be higer than 50%....

Also now i see that Ambush and Retaliate dont work both in the same round like before... allways is one activated, not like before when both were activated adding their plus for critical hit.

looking the top players and their skills i notice some of them have over 80% of their attibite points in Vitality.. now i know why.. you can't plann anything coz it can be changed and you can't fix it.

Quote from: Oton
Community Manager
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

Agility changes.   
As of today each 10 points in Agility decrease the opponent's Critical Chance with 1%.

Team 1 takes turn
Nautrax doesn't have an opponent, therefore he chooses Anaconda. Level difference modifier is 0.9 .
Anaconda's block percentage is 0.
Critical Hit Chance: 47
Nautrax tries to use the skill Ambush that adds 8% to his Critical Hit Chance.
Nautrax successfully uses the skill Ambush .
Nautrax hits Anaconda for 808.61833333333 and the latter is left with 559.38 health.
Monster kills bonus adds 0% to damage.
A critical hit is performed! 10/50!

Team 1 takes turn
Nautrax doesn't have an opponent, therefore he chooses Giant lizard. Level difference modifier is 1 .
Giant lizard's block percentage is 0.
Critical Hit Chance: 47
Nautrax tries to use the skill Retaliate that adds 12% to his Critical Hit Chance.
Nautrax successfully uses the skill Retaliate.
Nautrax hits Giant lizard for 802.285 and the latter is left with 491.72 health.
Monster kills bonus adds 0% to damage.
A critical hit is performed! 23/50!

I wont to know if this is a visual bug (wich i don't think so) and if it will be a compensation for this change.

yea, sry but today i'm a complaining b****

chegewara

Re: Critical Hit changes without Announcement.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »
it looks like visual bug for me cause you have 50% crit hit chance in there, but i will ask about it wednesday

A critical hit is performed! 23/50!

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
krest
Global Moderator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical hit chance - 50%
« -: September 14, 2009, 12:09:59 » 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The maximum chance for critical hit is limited to 50%. The abilities you have don't matter." A very rouph translation. Bulgarian forum.
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 12:21:22 AM »
Well this wasen't anounced here....

Now.. what happend with that anouncement that only a few skills will rise Critical hit more than 50%... some say 1 thing and other something completly diferent... how can we plann a char skills if the rules contradict themselfs...
Before starting to spend skill points in those skills i asked to be SHURE about how they will work....

Many have spended skills points that will be useless now, the right thing to do should be a skills reset for everyone, if they change the rules or something like this that affect skills.

Still both skills (ambush-retaliate) should work together.

chegewara

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 12:28:12 AM »
i think you just didnt read this before
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=441.msg2641#msg2641

especially this

Dexterity:

Determines the hero's chance for successful attack (enemy's agility is taken into account as well). With both your dexterity and enemy's agility equal, the chance for successful hit is 75%. Each point of Dexterity more than Agility (and each point Agility more than Dexterity decreases the chance to get hit by 1%) increases the chance of successful hit with 1%. The chance to evade cannot exceed 75% regardless of bonuses. Each 10 points of Dexterity grant 1% chance bonus for critical hit. However, the critical hit chance cannot exceed 50% no matter the hero's attributes, skills and equipment.

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 01:17:38 AM »
based on that the max evade rate must be x/25 however now is x/35....  as i sayd many things are changed without worning or asking to the people playing everyday how that will affect the game.

Also i remember to read it somewhere :D
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=1974.0 points 7. and 8.

Also explained here by Iso with Drizz report before i started to spend points in this skills..
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=1597.0

This is how it worked before, someone with 50% critical hit (as top base limit) could reach up to 88% with Retaliate+Ambush both with 7 skill points each activated in the same round (wich still dosen't happend here)

So.. who should i follow.. and if the Critical hit will stay limited at 50%, no mater wich other skill you have, i wont a skill reset :(

chegewara

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »
and this is still beta version which means is evaluating to be balanced not only to eliminated bugs. before starts full version there will be a lot changes yet, and i hope, like other players, we will know about it from game administrations

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 01:39:04 AM »
yea i know and i think that will be the stand about this changes (wich sucks), but if we follow that idea, why not to give a skill reset to those affected by this change and future changes for testing porpuse....

coz now i'm forced to PAY a reset to give a better use of those wasted skill points if this will be limited to 50% no matter what.

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:48:12 AM »
it was supposed to be limited to 50%...and now they solved the problem :)

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
so the special skills we invested points are useless?... how this will be fixed? as i sayd the max evade suposed to be x/25 and now is x/35...

we will have the oportunity to fix what we plann knowing one thing and now that have been change is other?...

Offline Nautrax

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 05:15:17 AM »
From the same rules:

Agility:
Determines the hero's chance of evading enemy attacks (enemy's dexterity is taken into account too), as well as the hero's chance of block, given he is equipped with an item with block. Each 10 points of Agility grant 1% chance of block. However, the block chance cannot exceed 75%, no matter the attributes, skills and equipment.

and today i see this....

Name : Raider
Level 29
Class: None
Damage 80.3824 - 232.535
Range: 0
Critical Hit Chance: 5%
Block Chance: 82%
Total Armor: 1132
Items' Agility Modifier: 0%
Items' Dextirity Modifier: 0%

So what we should think?.....

I have 98.5 agility points with -6 from the poison cloud

a lv29 Heretic - Archer should have almost a x/100 succes hit? a few days ago they couden't hit me more than x/40
Heretic - Archer 100/98.5 hit evaded.