Author Topic: Fighting locations  (Read 16257 times)

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting locations
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »
Dead Man's Crack is the only multistage dungeon in the first province (instance so to speak). These dungeons are special, because they have bosses/minion with higher rating. This particular dungeon is with a Rare class boss, which is twice as strong as regular 9th level robber and has chances for dropping rare items... However to get to him you have to successfully clear all of his guards, if you go back to the city, you have to start from scratch. Pack food and potions :)

These are the dungeons that Mercs and parties would be most necessary for. (there will be dungeons with many, many levels and very strong opponents on each stage, hence you need quite a party to clear them all on one go)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:44:37 PM by Xaoc »

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »
is there a way to start a party with multiple players? havent found it

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »
Well, the main question is how much you value your AP.

If the answer is "a lot", then you should hit the most rewarding dungeons regardless of health loss, just for that extra experience and the chance for good items. Isolde, you got unlucky for a bit, but note that when they drop items, enemies always drop items of their level. That means that in the earlier dungeons you'll get maximum level 6 items, but in the new ones, if you're lucky to get some items, they can be up to level 9 items.
EDIT: It's also worth noting that you lose 1 durability per raid regardless of its difficulty. This, too, makes less rewarding dungeons less profitable in comparison to high-yield ones.

I'm only level 6 now, but I definitely want to try out the newer dungeons  8)

That's exactly what was my line of reasoning, Poly, I was counting for better items and I am aware that higher level enemies provide high level items and take more hitpoints. That is why I was a bit disappointed, I tried 3 times in a row, also once with a 9th level boss and I got NOTHING !!! Maybe its just my damn luck, I"ll try again tomorrow :)

chegewara

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »
That's exactly what was my line of reasoning, Poly, I was counting for better items and I am aware that higher level enemies provide high level items and take more hitpoints. That is why I was a bit disappointed, I tried 3 times in a row, also once with a 9th level boss and I got NOTHING !!! Maybe its just my damn luck, I"ll try again tomorrow :)
brave girl *bravo* U got +k 8)

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 11:03:36 PM »
Basically i think you should mainly check the time it is. this is how i do it

when i come online i have full health and about 12-14AP. this means that if i die i have to wait for hours to get my health back to a lvl where i can fight. so instead i choose to fight weaker opponents so that i can do 8-9 raids before i have to heal. also i ALWAYS attack robbers and thieves. bears dont have weapons or armor and i havent seen them drop any.
The main reason for items is, apart from getting better gear, gold. the more gold you have, the better stuff you can buy at the auction house or health potions/food. therefor again i choose to attack thieves and robbers.
so i choose to attack whatever i can beat and loose around 20 HP each round. this changes on my last AP. since i can only do 1 more raid i then choose the strongest place i can beat with the highest lvl enemies. i get the best drops if im lucky but also loose lots of HP. but since i ran out of AP anyway it doesnt matter. i go work for 4 hours (or 6) and after that time my HP is back at max and got 6 AP again to start new raids

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 11:40:36 PM »
funny ... i do the other way around

1) the strongest places where I can gather as much XP as possible
2) the places where I can most likely win with my low HP

but I got secondary goals too :

a) doing as much fights as possible to see the impact bonus of mastering a weapon (bow, dagger) and preferential foes (boars, wolves)
b) getting beast hides

... and when I don't have enough HP or AP, then I go "working-for-rest"
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline Styks

• ImperiaOnline Turkey
  • Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »
The Den

Team 1   
Name : Styks
Level : 7

Team 2

Name : Small grey wolf
Level : 9

36 Round  ;D

Team 1 is victorious!
Styks battle statistics:
Attacks/Successful : 36/29
Damage Done : 297.9975
Critical hits done : 5
Small grey wolf battle statistics:
Attacks/Successful : 25/15
Damage Done : 26.3019
Critical hits done : 0
Attacks/Successful : 11/5
Damage Done : 8.7673
Attacks/Successful : 35/21
Damage Done : 36.82266

EXP added : 63(+0) to Styks
GOLD added : 12 to Styks

Light Hides added to your bag!
Light Hides added to your bag!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:19:57 AM by Styks »

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »
i killed them 2 times and i got 4 2 items each time. opal and nice 4-9 sword + expensive recipe and 1 meat. So its luck.

chegewara

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »
rings and amulets help much to find items 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I can still not find a good balance between spending action points and getting experience/items. This game is not for me, there is too much based on luck ! Once I go to a location and lose 50 HP, once I go and lose 150 and get killed  >:( I am seriously thinking someone has put a curse on me !!!

chegewara

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
this is strange for me, cause i play on 2 account.
1st is mystic and he have 90 HP, armor 58, attack 6,2-11,3, i attack rather Boar's Head dungeon and lose very few HP and gain about 30 EXP, i use not so good armor
2nd is warrior with 380 HP now, armor 135, attack 16,8-18,9, when i attack i lose lot of HP and cant use all AP to fight, not like mystic
8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
1st is mystic and he have 90 HP, armor 58, attack 6,2-11,3, i attack rather Boar's Head dungeon and lose very few HP and gain about 30 EXP, i use not so good armor
2nd is warrior with 380 HP now, armor 135, attack 16,8-18,9, when i attack i lose lot of HP and cant use all AP to fight, not like mystic
8)

I think its because of the mage's ability to heal himself, I play something similar to your 2nd account and I have already tried BOTH Repr and Starbuck strategy (I prefer Starbuck's more unless I have something to craft) but I find myself out of healthpoints after 3 turns... Quite frustrating :(

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
8)

Nice second warrior :D

chegewara

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »
I think its because of the mage's ability to heal himself, I play something similar to your 2nd account and I have already tried BOTH Repr and Starbuck strategy (I prefer Starbuck's more unless I have something to craft) but I find myself out of healthpoints after 3 turns... Quite frustrating :(

mystic can heal 1 points per round and i gain about 4 HP before battle from skill, its still very few HP 8)

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »
mystic heals 2 points every round if you invested additional point in heal. so in longer battle 2 extra hp per round is nice advantage. but when i run out of spirit i dont fight anymore, because ussually it ends up very bad against stronger oponents.