Author Topic: ok, seriously now...  (Read 28613 times)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: ok, seriously now...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 11:12:57 PM »
The binding of the items will be after they have been used in 1 battle... so you can try them on to see what they look like, but if you or your mercs take them to battle they become theirs for good... (only shops would buy them back), this is a must if we are to have viable game economy.

The binding on pick up is absolutely necessary for the special dungeons (those that are like the Dead man's crack), because they will present you with very unique monsters, which if you could sell the items will flood the market and make the items worthless...

So for selling only crafters will be able to sell rare+ items, plus the much more rare chance to meet special monster in the open, or get lucky and get special item from a normal monsters. (it is possible) And of course there is a possibility to buy an item from the stores, that you feel is with great stats and try to sell it through the auction.

Also we will think how we can make it, so if a party enters the multistage dungeons, all members would be able to use the dropped items. (still no selling)

Anyhow crafting will be important, so don't underestimate it.

Sounds good... But can we please at least be able to give our mercenaries hand-me-downs? :-[
It's bad enough that they have the audacity to offer themselves for merc position without even owning their own weapons,but if I'd have to get them all new items all the time, I'd probably go nuts :P

chegewara

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
i think there should be some tournaments to make arena more attractive. let say once per week tournament with prizes in diamonds. of course it will be divided by tiers and prize will depend on level or numbers players on tournament 8)

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »
On polish forum we are talking now about the own houses. We pay 500pcs of gold for about one week and we receive only more space for our inventory. Maybe the house should be also as a restplace where we regenerate our health, spirit and receive some food and extra 2AP each 24h?

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
Is it possible to change in the future the creature names?
For example we will fight with goblins, wolfmans, uruk-hai, dragons (different levels), lizards man, minotaurs, unicorns etc.?
a true rpgs creatures, that are present in most games :D

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
Is it possible to change in the future the creature names?
For example we will fight with goblins, wolfmans, uruk-hai, dragons (different levels), lizards man, minotaurs, unicorns etc.?
a true rpgs creatures, that are present in most games :D

Well, I hope that in next level there will be more variety... I totally agree with thomason that some different names will be nice, I am getting confused with all these robber archers and thief archers... and why cant I find a single mage to fight !!!

Sheremetev

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Well, the arena is for mages. But I also expect in Tier3 we will have mages and more "magical" opponents like dragons and trolls (or dwagons and twolls )

chegewara

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »
maybe im wrong or im lamer but 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
I know THAT, probably most of us do ...but under "humanoids" there is a vast range of opponents and like I mentioned before I would be interested in fighting something different from thiefs, robbers and marauders... (and I would rather fight a troll than a turtle  ;D)

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »
what about turtle ninjas from outter space ?  ;) ... ok, easy one ...
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »
maybe im wrong or im lamer but 8)

I killed more than 400 humanoids and the counter ended on this few days ago...no more bonus from killing the humanoids :/

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »
what about turtle ninjas from outter space ?  ;) ... ok, easy one ...

I would never, never, never kill turtle ninjas, they are my favorite !

I killed more than 400 humanoids and the counter ended on this few days ago...no more bonus from killing the humanoids :/

Yes, and the weapon mastery ends at 400 as well, I have maxed that out too :(

Offline Evileel

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
    • Global Wars forum
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
Items will be bound to the players (after they have been used in 1 battle, the items become bound to the player and his/hers mercs)

Is this feature already working? Somehow I can't give my cap to my merc anymore (yes, it was used in battle before)
Why so serious?

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
Is this feature already working? Somehow I can't give my cap to my merc anymore (yes, it was used in battle before)

It sure is. I tried to sell my old sword on the auction too and it told me it was bound to me :(

Offline Jane_air

• Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »
Yes it works now.

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »
So far i like this game. however, in the current state i see some major problems

1. give us tier 3 locations, enemies and armor/weapons!!. more and more people reach lvl 20 and then the game basically stops. three is nothing more to fight for or to look for, same with crafting. noone can get the materials so we are totally stuck. i understand the tier 3 stuff isnt done, not balanced etc.....i dont care! its an alpha! but without any reason to fight im starting to feel bored and have trouble spending AP.

2. crafting  = useless. so it has more durability.....you repair all stuff at once anyway. how much will it actually save. it gives lvl 16? since i became lvl 15 every item i had was either rare or lvl 18 and higher. who cares about lvl 16.
make crafting items rare by default, then itll be interesting. as for jewelry...maybe add a ring to the recipe so you can add stats. a single stat ring needs to be perfect to be interesting.

3. i wanted to make a dual wielding  dagger ranger as suggested by Oton. however with all skills being useless untill lvl 30 (the lower lvl's give a bonus that can be neglected) the entire specialization stuff all becomes late-game thinking instead of a major influence on the game.

4. give a check box when to use skills and when not. rangers and warriors dont have much spirit. fighting an epic boss would be nice with skills, but the 5 stages before that will drown out all spirit and all your potions. makes it kind of useless imo

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"