Author Topic: Auction (again)  (Read 9157 times)

Offline demo_account

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Auction (again)
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:25:12 AM »
well, the whole auction interface is very clumsy and its usage is frustrating ... if you're aiming at the dynamics of a real time market then make it more comfortable for use
- there is no search
- there is no "class" and "level" columns (or something indicating that I can currently use the item)
- there is no base filtering (e.g. weapons/shields/etc)
- settings of paging are not saved and you're always reset to 5 items per page initial view
- selling though bit improved is a nightmare, better implement drag&drop system so one is always sure which item exactly he is about to sell
- (not so important) from usability point of view currency and duration are probably better to be implemented as option groups with default selection
- anyone more?

Offline IrishFairy

• Mystic in life and in game
  • Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Auction (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »

-If you are selling something, you don't have this items selected for you to see how many bids you have.
   -items without bids are disappearing and not returning to the owner's stash

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
- Trying to sort by Price gives a seemingly random order.
- When choosing not to display images, there is no way to see item stats.
- Some items are still invisible with no stats.
- No message is received when items sell / when items you bid on have been sold to someone else.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:26:24 AM by Polymeron »

Offline DangerRanger

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Re: Auction (again) - filter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 08:02:20 PM »
The auction is still rather cumbersome - I suggest refining the resource and recipe filters by craft as well - as a jeweller/stonecutter - I have zero interest in piles of wood, hides and ore, and I have to scroll through 15 pages of junk just to see if there is anything in my profession.  It's like searching for gems all over again, except instead of using AP, I waste 15 minutes of real time.  Also, the option to filter by class (mystic, ranger, etc.) would be helpful as if I'm only searching for armor for myself (as opposed to buying it for a merc), I don't care about other classes armor/weapons/etc.).

Thanks for your consideration!

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Auction (again) - filter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »
The auction is still rather cumbersome - I suggest refining the resource and recipe filters by craft as well - as a jeweller/stonecutter - I have zero interest in piles of wood, hides and ore, and I have to scroll through 15 pages of junk just to see if there is anything in my profession.  It's like searching for gems all over again, except instead of using AP, I waste 15 minutes of real time.  Also, the option to filter by class (mystic, ranger, etc.) would be helpful as if I'm only searching for armor for myself (as opposed to buying it for a merc), I don't care about other classes armor/weapons/etc.).

Thanks for your consideration!

I agree regarding the resources, it would make my life so much easier if I could avoid the 90% of useless for me hides offers. 

When it comes to searching for class items, its way easier, you can choose a leather helmet  instaed of an iron helmet for example and then you have only the offers which are appropriate for your class ;)

Offline DangerRanger

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
Okay - you agree, Isolde - excellent!  What's the next step in filtering by class (Jeweler/Armorer/Carpenter/etc.)?  I've just "Browsed by Type" - Simple, Rare, Legendary, etc. - and the only category that even has any items in it is Simple - so currently, it's a completely meaningless filter (as the game advances, it will likely have more meaning).  However, in it's place, a Class Filter would be MUCH more useful at this time.  It's a waste of time for ALL of us who play the game to scroll through all the items that are not even relevant to our respective games and it seems like such a simple fix, though I'm not a programmer like the estimable Oton.

Thanks for the consideration!

Oton

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
Thank you for the compliment.
I live to serve you.

There will be a major changes in the auction.
We will make it much better.