Author Topic: New game module - what do you like and what not  (Read 9278 times)

Offline Charon

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: New game module - what do you like and what not
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:04 PM »
I agree, digging takes too long time now. Especially if player uses multiplier? than it takes like forever

Offline josep

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »
My main concern is the travel time...I was already a dungeon and stayed there over night...I clicked to travel back to the province and it takes me over an hour to travel back...Other than that it takes me still to long to dig for resources...I mean I can be in a battle against 3 brown bears in one battle and it takes seconds...Then dig for one opal and it takes me 6-10 min...What do you guys think?
I'm also paining with the digging time... but let's face it, opals aren't laying in the floor at the sight of everybody... does them? ???

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 05:10:48 AM »
The new restraints on tanners and armourers. I am a tanner and armourer and thought it was WAY too easy for me to gather my resources when everyone else had to bend over and work for their wood, ore and stones. I could just fight, get experience, gold and hides OR buy them cheaply from the market because everyone else was gathering them also. The other craftsmen had to make themselves exposed to raiding (by harvesting for hours) while tanners never did.

I really like the new restraints - I also like the fact that I saw the new change in the forum before most other people..... *YAHOO*
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline josep

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
The new restraints on tanners and armourers. I am a tanner and armourer and thought it was WAY too easy for me to gather my resources when everyone else had to bend over and work for their wood, ore and stones. I could just fight, get experience, gold and hides OR buy them cheaply from the market because everyone else was gathering them also. The other craftsmen had to make themselves exposed to raiding (by harvesting for hours) while tanners never did.

I really like the new restraints - I also like the fact that I saw the new change in the forum before most other people..... *YAHOO*
I'm a tanner in beta and miner in 3.... I do think it will be easier to gather hides and to make armor being a tanner, but it is still harder to gain CP being a miner since it takes like 36 times more to gain resources than it will be being a tanner.... and now you need less hides to craft.... may I ask you to make a little easier crafting for minners since it would give tanners a huge advantage in crafting and that will be too unbalanced.....

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 03:03:30 AM »
.... and now you need less hides to craft....

That is only the case for light hides/leather, not for the others.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »
Is there any possible that now tanners will have the chance to scalp any animals?
For example. Im tier 4 and go to tier 2 and attack some creatures in order to scalp some light/medium hides.
Till now there wasnt chance to do this because of the high level hero and the chance of getting these kind of hides was very low/none...

Or there can be made an add-on to scalping. Since only tanners can do that, maybe there should be a possibility to scalp animals in tier 3 in order to get light hides...
for example:
tier 1 - only light hides from scalping
tier 2 - light and medium hides from scalping
tier 3 - light /  medium / heavy hides
tier 4 - medium / heavy / very heavy hides

when we choose lower tier hides we get additional hides from scalping (+1 for scalping medium, and +2 for light hides in tier 3)

the max number of hides could be correspond to the number of animals, that where fighting with us.
each hide would require 10 seconds to scalp (5 hides = 5 x 10 seconds)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:37:47 PM by thomason »

Offline Charon

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 01:08:21 AM »
I like the idea of thomason. Count me in  ;)

chegewara

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »
chance to scalp animals with tier lower than hero's dont change for now.
for me its not so good idea cause it takes chance to earn some gold players with low level hero. cause lower quantity light hides on market which are required to craft light leather used to craft weapons higher tiers requirements to light leather is changed to 1.
on alpha i have hero lvl 18 and i still gather light hides in hope village

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
Chege...but there are two options...
For now each miner from tier 4 can go to tier 2 and dig the resource he needs.
But for tanner it is more complicated because he has to fight. If the enemy is much lower level till now there was a very small chance to get hides. I know, because on alfa I had to try and try to fight in order to get some light hides with high level hero...

chegewara

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
you have right but not at all. its true that miner and carpenter can gather resources same tier in provinces tier equal this resources and 1 tier higher. but you have to remember this resources are limited and hides and bones have no limit to gather in each zone. your arguments are enough good to make me thinking about it, but i dont agree with this:

when we choose lower tier hides we get additional hides from scalping (+1 for scalping medium, and +2 for light hides in tier 3)

the max number of hides could be correspond to the number of animals, that where fighting with us.
each hide would require 10 seconds to scalp (5 hides = 5 x 10 seconds)

in mostly cases resources in tier higher than resource's tier have lower chance to be gathered.
like i said, in this suggestion i see potential

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »
Hello all  :)
ok, where I can see button “Skin animal” ?
I see only "Fuul report" and "close"... wow, one light hide drop , it is good  *hihi*
button “Skin animal” not need?

chegewara

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »
its not implemented yet, its cause all tanners still takes hides as drop

Offline Misericorde

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 03:53:50 AM »
i hate that now when you get drops from the monsters they become bounded to my hero... can't equip none on mercs or sell them on auction.. makes no sense.

chegewara

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
i hate that now when you get drops from the monsters they become bounded to my hero... can't equip none on mercs or sell them on auction.. makes no sense.
its only in multistage dungeons and wont happened when you fight with boss

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »
I set "Crafting Time Multiplier: 8x"
and see: "Chance to make: Rare 11.00 %" and start crafting...
but if I exit from the game and later time login
and click "Crafting"
then I see: "Chance to make: Rare 8.00 %"   :'(