Author Topic: What is the balance between 6 wooden staves and 5 opal round shields?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Storyline Sentinel of Harada
point 6/11 objective to complete the mission:

Weaponsmith/woodcutter: create 6 wooden staff

Armorer/tanner: Obiettivo: 5 Opal Round Shields

Jeweler/gemcutter: 5 or 6 ranger tin amulets

So the weaponsmith can build 6 tier one items, requiring only Oak wood and a recipe he automatically has, to complete the storyline

the Jeweler need to do a tier 2 items, finding the right recipe and using tin (a tier 2 resource) requiring material from a secondary profession he could have

the armorer should do a higher level, fairly rare recipe (level 18), requiring resources from 3 secondary professions
one of wick he could not have.

I don't see a balance here.

chegewara

Re: What is the balance between 6 wooden staves and 5 opal round shields?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
items to craft in story line quest are random chosen from all recipes learned by hero

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
Urgh, horrible system.

1) the material requirement are is unbalanced,

2)  it punish those that have higher crafter skills and recipes.

3) there are checks to avoid the selection of level 3 recipes (for those that have already learned them, like one of my crafters) ?

It is only a temporary problem as now tier 2 character can't learn tier 3 recipes but it can still create problems if a tier 3 character can complete tier 2 storylines that he started before getting the new tier.

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »
maybe you have right, but you dont know how will be generated reward depends on crafting skills. next, story line is not obligated to play and enjoy game. same as is no obligated to craft any items. look into statistics and you will see that players with very high experience have 0 experience in crafting. and this causes this player is not so high in overall ranking.
its true now is many problems with story line and not only cause "new module", and rewards in story line quests are not balanced (i craft 10 bows for 560 every, and get only 1200 gold for this quest) but thats why its beta version. some features need to be checked, tested, balanced

Offline Dino740

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 03:11:40 AM »
maybe you have right, but you dont know how will be generated reward depends on crafting skills. next, story line is not obligated to play and enjoy game. same as is no obligated to craft any items. look into statistics and you will see that players with very high experience have 0 experience in crafting. and this causes this player is not so high in overall ranking.
its true now is many problems with story line and not only cause "new module", and rewards in story line quests are not balanced (i craft 10 bows for 560 every, and get only 1200 gold for this quest) but thats why its beta version. some features need to be checked, tested, balanced

Surely they should be checked, tested and balanced as much as possible before introduction ???

Oh and as I have mentioned many times before, a BETA version is for ironing out bugs................ not implimenting new features !!!!!!!!

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »

Exactly, that is the function of a Beta testing and my suggestion would be to require a random recipe (of the player profession) of level 14 for the  storyline, with the added option to make it buying/getting from guild members the needed materials.

Surely they should be checked, tested and balanced as much as possible before introduction ???

Oh and as I have mentioned many times before, a BETA version is for ironing out bugs................ not implimenting new features !!!!!!!!

That is right for a single player game, for a MMORPG or any internet game you need to do balance test between the players and that require a large player base, so the open beta testing.

Seeing balance issues and bettering the game are with new functions are beta testing functions too.

And beside all that, every on line game need to evolve constantly to be competitive. So the implementing of new features is mandatory if the developers want to have something that people play.

Stop adding new features and the game will start to slowly die.