Author Topic: advice for rangers  (Read 16699 times)

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
advice for rangers
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »
fellow Imperial Heroes and Heroines , here is a bit advice for you all...
once you reach lvl 8 or close to it , start keeping skkill points and dont spend them...
this way when we reach lvl 10 we will heave more skill points to spend on unlocked limit of our skills...

example: when i reahced lvl 10 , i heaved 3 unspeent skill points...
i invested 2 points in herbalism witch is max 3/5 until lvl 10 and 1 point in critical strike....
i wish i didnt invested 1 point at lvl 7 at mercernary capitain, or else now would be my crit strike 5/5

now my hp regeneration is 95 per hour (herbalism 5/5), and 12% critical strike 4/5 :)

added: some of you know , and some may not, once you reach 100 stats in killing some certain type of
          monsters your damage against that type of monster doubles...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:47:14 AM by KOPSi »

Offline Xpertiza

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Re: advice for rangers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
nice  8)

Offline Evileel

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
    • Global Wars forum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »
Isn't this advise useful for other classes as well? Maybe warriors and mystics should save their skill points for lvl 10 too?
Why so serious?

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »
couldnt you have mentioned it a day ago when i was lvl 7 :P

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
Isn't this advise useful for other classes as well? Maybe warriors and mystics should save their skill points for lvl 10 too?

I am not informed much about mystics and warriors skills, but i guess same should be for them...

Offline Xpertiza

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
all clases can do it

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »
couldnt you have mentioned it a day ago when i was lvl 7 :P

nope  :D, because i was still unshure will limit be increasing at lvl 10. I was holding my doubts because i think i heard something about lvl 15 but i am not shure what was it... so until i confirmed i didnt bother to make fool of me here what i am in most cases  ;D...
btw , i sayed last day your lider kosac about it, he should heave informed you...
or maybe not, i guess he didnt want to make fool of himself what is he allways until its confirmed  :o :D

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:07:59 PM »
yep

I am recently level 8 and I didn't invest in herbalism (I've usually more HP than AP), only for 1 level of Merc (might be useful some day), which leaves me with 1 unused skill point.

why ? because like KOPSi said, the % chance of Critical Hit and Poison increase dramatically when you reach 5th level : instead of a simple doubling % increase (level 1 = 2%; lvl 2 = 4%; lvl 3 = 8%), you get to hit with 20% chance.
and if Poison damages can somehow be increased from their current 0.5 per round to 1+ or with other incapaciting effects (like reducing strength, attacking/defending stats ....), then you can have a really buffed character.

but this skills levels can only be reached from lvl 10 and onward (Tier 2).

and remember that Rangers can attack 2x (or even 3x) before melee starts (additional chances to poison opponents asap).
plus, the random damage is not currently in place, which means you only do average damage. that's quite a malus put on weapons like the bow, but can hopefully be corrected and make it a real sniper weapon once randomness is introduced :)

Have fun,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:09:42 PM by Starbuck »
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »
dude, poison sux , really...since lvl 8,9 i fight in 'the_den' against 3 opponents all time
when at lvl 9 i reached expertize with boars and humanoids,with lvl modifier i was hitting them for 33 damage with simple attack , critiacal goes to 65 damage... and all in all , i was losing around 50 hp per battle and gain was 60 exp...
i doubt poison is worth because my 1 simple strike at enemy is more than all damage your poison deal...

now with me on lvl 10 and increased agility more.. i lose around 30 hp per battle in the_den against 3 opponents what i recover in 12 min of time :) ....
now i changed place where i fight , i gain 45 exp against thief ranger lvl 12 but i lose half hp what i recover in 30 min...

With your poison and no points in herbalism you need to rely heavy on health potions and food... once you reach lvl 10 , 11, you would not be able to fight against your lvl enemies but you will be still fighting small lvl enemies. Also , once you attack high lvl enemy he will kill your half hp , witch you will regenerate in 14 hours while same amount i would generate in less than 1h time

Also one of reasons i am fighting againt ranger lvl 12 that give 45 exp and not back in village against 3 board that give 60 exp where i lose 60% less health is because here is likelyhood that this ranger will drop some high lvl item :)... you will be still getting from these low levels lvl 5,6 armors and weapons...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:33:35 PM by KOPSi »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »
Well, all I can tell is that Warrior skills dont seem to be particularly good from what I see - one you fully invest in attack or defence you can choose only that stance to go and fight....the charge ability seems to not be very usefull if you run out of spirit which happens always  :-\

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »
even charge isnt of much use. because its only 1 strike. and both defense and attack are useless with low damage weapon + it canceles other thing. so you use attack, you receive more damage. you use defence, you take less damage but it takes longer to kill oponent. it would be worth if that would be bonus to defense ans attack always available. no stances.

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
even charge isnt of much use. because its only 1 strike. and both defense and attack are useless with low damage weapon + it canceles other thing. so you use attack, you receive more damage. you use defence, you take less damage but it takes longer to kill oponent. it would be worth if that would be bonus to defense ans attack always available. no stances.

still , its well balanced , you wariors can make big tankers and damage dealers from yourselfs...
heaving streinght and vitality bosted... your damage and hp increase tenfold...

edited : forgot to add that you can wear mail armors while rangers only leather

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
still , its well balanced , you wariors can make big tankers and damage dealers from yourselfs...
heaving streinght and vitality bosted... your damage and hp increase tenfold...

edited : forgot to add that you can wear mail armors while rangers only leather

well, to tell you the truth, right now, I had 3 armor 50 leather armors and I wear armor 48 chain mail :D I am starting to think leather is better :P

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
well, to tell you the truth, right now, I had 3 armor 50 leather armors and I wear armor 48 chain mail :D I am starting to think leather is better :P

...because maybe the leather armors are level 7 or 8, while the chain is of lvl 6 :)

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »
i wonder how much it counts for gold. im guessing that at lvl 10 you can also get a new area where you find a shop with tier 2 equipment. wonder how much of an improvement that is

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"