Author Topic: Viewing the requirements of crafting  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Viewing the requirements of crafting
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:31:28 AM »
Since the recent updates, fighters must now have a certain amount of strength to hold certain equipment. Equipment, when viewed in the auction or backpack, shows the required strength. When a recipe is learned, and an item has been chosen to be crafted, you can view some of the specs of the item by doing a mouse-over on the picture of the equipment, but that doesn't show the strength requirement - so I don't know whether my fighter can wear that item. I have to search for that exact peice of equipment in the auction to see the specs - I shouldn't have to do that.

in the backpack.......lots of info

in the crafting tab.....not enough info. If I'm making this item, I should be able to know everything about it. I shouldn't have to guess.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing the requirements of crafting
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
Programmers,
Thank you for adding the small window showing the required elements for recipes in the popups. *YAHOO*

Now, if you show the item with it's specs (armour, +- bonuses etc), we'll be all set and we will know all we need to know about the items made by the recipes.

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »
but why the level of the recipe was removed from auction house? ???

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »
but why the level of the recipe was removed from auction house? ???

because you can now limit the search of recipes by tier, which you weren't able to do before. Now, viewing the recipe level isn't needed (as much). It would still be nice because it is an indicator of the strength of the recipe, but being able to sort them by tier is a big help.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
Now, if you show the item with it's specs (armour, +- bonuses etc), we'll be all set and we will know all we need to know about the items made by the recipes.

This can now be viewed when selling a recipe or viewing in the auction. Thanks again programmers!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:02:29 PM by Geomaticus »

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:16:34 PM »
because you can now limit the search of recipes by tier, which you weren't able to do before. Now, viewing the recipe level isn't needed (as much). It would still be nice because it is an indicator of the strength of the recipe, but being able to sort them by tier is a big help.

but i don't want to look at all recipes lvl x4 *UNDECIDED*

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
You're aware that you can now sort the recipes by tier, right? There aren't THAT many recipes to look through, once you filter them by type and tier.

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »
if they aren't that many recipes...that means i have to check 20 recipes to see their level? I want the level of recipes back :-X

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »
I agree with radoo. Looking through all the tier 2 recipes are a pain. What if I just wanted lvl 18 recipes (gemmed ones)? I have to look through everything because not all the gemmed ones are on the same page.
If I was to click on one of the recipes, it shows only that recipe. That's not particularly helpful for price-comparing with other gemmed recipes.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
If I was to click on one of the recipes, it shows only that recipe.

That's not correct. If you click on an item in the auction, it will show all listings for that item. If you click on a 'moonstone cloak recipe', only moonstone cloak recipes will be shown, not heavy cloaks or anything else. If you are only seeing one, that is because there is only one for sale in the auction at that moment.

That being said, I am starting to agree with Radoo in wanting more ways to view/sort recipes in the auction.
It would be helpful to have the option to view only the recipes I don't already know. That would shorten the list down dramatically. Two radio buttons that allow me to 'view all' or 'view new' recipes. Should be simple to implement...?

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 07:16:43 AM »
If you click on a 'moonstone cloak recipe', only moonstone cloak recipes will be shown, not heavy cloaks or anything else.

Ermm.. That's what I said.