Author Topic: Getting over the top.  (Read 6669 times)

Offline asus101

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Getting over the top.
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »
Looking at the auction house, I see light hides are now worth between 2000 and 8000 each with groups of 10 worth up to 41000 gold.
Its starting to get out of hand considering that simple leather armour can only be sold for about 50 gold each. Paying 2k gold to get a return of 50 gold is just stupid.

Offline skrga

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Getting over the top.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »
this is a low of the market, players need it, noone is selling,
 thats why the price is high, if you are smart now, make some leather, and earn some gold  8)

Offline Fragmaster

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
i dont see guys how u fail to understand that light hide that u buy is someones AP . its all about whos AP worths more ,some little skinner or genious crafter (like radoo) . supply and demand,thats all...Big crafters already play for long time ,and they can sell their products expensive ,and also buy  resources expensive ,raising price greatly.its called monopolly guys ,sorry :)

Offline asus101

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »
but light is worth 10x more than the heaviest of hides. I can buy more heavy hides for 100k gold than I can light hides.

Offline Fragmaster

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »
maybe nobody buys heavy hide ?thats why its cheaper .Well prices strictly depends from group of biggest players ,and their affinities.If they like making stuff from light hides,light hides  will be very expensive.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:28:00 AM by Fragmaster »

chegewara

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »
its cause light leather is used to craft weapons and players tier 3 and tier 4 can craft a lot of weapons but cant gather it

Offline Charon

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:39:15 PM »
That was the problem since the beginning. Light hides were too expensive since the start, now they're really out of control.
This is caused by several facts:
1. They're used not only in Tier1 recipes - this can be remedied by removing them from Tier2 and higher recipes.
2. There're not many Tier 1 players. Tier 1 can be completed in several days so even if we have lots of newcomers (which I doubt) they are becoming Tier2 and stop gathering light hides very soon. Moreover, now only lvl5 to lvl9 players who are tanners can gather light hides, which makes supply very limited.
This can be partially remedied by increasing experience required to reach Tier2 + allowing all Tier1 players to get light hides in battles no matter which profession they choose + radically increasing drop chances of the hides.
IMO  :)

Offline skrga

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
almoust all is true, someone who takes care of balancing the game should do more of his job ,
i suggest that tanners make more hides from skinning animals on tier 1, in tier 2 and 3 you can get from 1 AP 5-10 hides ant once, and in tier 1 one or max 2, that should be changed....

further, in some recipes put tier 2 hides, not 1, that way, hides tier 2 will be sold more, and for 1 will be lass demand, 2 flys with one strike  8)

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
All you mentioned above is true. The problem is that a tanner raises his level too quickly and thus he becomes tier 2 with shortage of light skins. Therefore we have to look for the solution that slows the pace of hero development. I think I found one - to hire a merc. Hiring a merc gives the player enouph time and AP to get 100 or more light skins. If you want to stay longer in tier 1 hire more than one merc. It's your choice.
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:07:19 AM »
All you mentioned above is true. The problem is that a tanner raises his level too quickly and thus he becomes tier 2 with shortage of light skins. Therefore we have to look for the solution that slows the pace of hero development. I think I found one - to hire a merc. Hiring a merc gives the player enouph time and AP to get 100 or more light skins. If you want to stay longer in tier 1 hire more than one merc. It's your choice.

That is quite smart, however, the fastest way to get rid of the issue is by reverting to allowing all heros to get hides, tanners with higher chance and only tanners can process hides.
This way at least the demand for raw hides won't be as bad.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Is it true that tier 2 people and above can't collect light hides? Why is there such an unrealisitic and illogical rule? What's the reason for it?

gunther, this is another double-post from you. You started a thread asking this question, and also asked your question here in a completely unrelated thread. This will be considered spam.

Ask your question once and be patient for a response.

Please read the forum rules.
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2840.0
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »
That is quite smart, however, the fastest way to get rid of the issue is by reverting to allowing all heros to get hides, tanners with higher chance and only tanners can process hides.
This way at least the demand for raw hides won't be as bad.

Another way, quite efective, to get these light skins fast is to start another hero /or better heros/ with profession tanner. Due to their combined force you can easily collect hundred or more than hundred LS. The transfer of the resource between the heroes is through a giuld shash - they have to become at least temporarily members of your main hero giuld. After the task is done you can kick out these "helpers" or if you want to use them, change their profession.

P.S. Please note that this is a way also to get large amount of gold. If you check the prices of LS on the market you'll see that they are around 2000 gold each. The reason is that this resource is needed for almost all 28 weaponsmith recepies and big shots are buying it without hesitation.

Dominia - The Prophecy

Cuorion

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »
Another way, quite efective, to get these light skins fast is to start another hero /or better heros/ with profession tanner. Due to their combined force you can easily collect hundred or more than hundred LS. The transfer of the resource between the heroes is through a giuld shash - they have to become at least temporarily members of your main hero giuld. After the task is done you can kick out these "helpers" or if you want to use them, change their profession.

P.S. Please note that this is a way also to get large amount of gold. If you check the prices of LS on the market you'll see that they are around 2000 gold each. The reason is that this resource is needed for almost all 28 weaponsmith recepies and big shots are buying it without hesitation.

In most games I've played so far multi-accounts are not allowed. Isn't this the case here as well?

Now to the matter... Making hides drop to all players would be, in my opinion, a total fail. Since not everyone can farm for wood or metals why would all be able to farm for hides?

I think that if some balance has to be made, it should be that higher level tanners could keep skinning tier 1 skins with unchanced chances.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
In most games I've played so far multi-accounts are not allowed. Isn't this the case here as well?

At this time, multi-accounts are allowed in the game (not the forum).
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »

Now to the matter... Making hides drop to all players would be, in my opinion, a total fail. Since not everyone can farm for wood or metals why would all be able to farm for hides?

I think that if some balance has to be made, it should be that higher level tanners could keep skinning tier 1 skins with unchanced chances.

Yes, I think you proposed a good solution. I dont like multi-acounting as well. I simply described the situation as it is of now, not as I might wish it :(. Presently I have two accounts and started second one only to see all story line quests. If the IH crew decides to make a vote about these damn multi-accounts I will vote "restrict them" with my both hands.

Dominia - The Prophecy