Author Topic: Drop chances  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Drop chances
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »
I have noticed for about a week now that item drop and hide drop percentages are not matching the shown drop percentages before my battles in Bunar.

I have added items to my player and mercs so that the drop chance percentage is 116%, and I fight in a dangerous province (which is supposed to have a higher drop chance), but it is not uncommon for me to win the battle and have no items dropped and zero hides ready for skinning. This is happening when I fight 4 enemies, so I should receive at least 4 items (hides and other stuff), correct?

I'm noticing that the actual drops are averaging the same whether I go into the battle alone (having only 24% chance) or when I bring my mercs (increasing the drop chance to 116%).

Why is this happening?  ???

Also, are hide drops affected by the 'item drop chance' percentage?
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

chegewara

Re: Drop chances
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
this is not drop chance but drop chance bonus which only modify drop chance. we do not see total drop chance. and as i know programmers formula is similar to this one:

(drop chance in zone)*(1,3 (if danger prov))*(1+drop chance bonus from items)/(1+difference modifier)

maybe are in formula other modifiers but in this moment i dont know it. only i can imagine that every mob class have own drop chance for recipes, items, food and potions

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up.

Can you answer this....?
Also, are hide drops affected by the 'item drop chance' percentage?

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »
in this moment we all can see drop chance from items cause this will help to develop game. i think this info will disappear later. there is no hidden bonuses from items in this moment as i know

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
That doesn't answer my question. I don't care about seeing the percentages. I am specifically asking about Hides. Are they affected by the drop chance percentage or not?
I want to gather a lot of hides and I want to know whether adding 'drop chance' jewellry will help in finding hides.

Judith

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
Hides' drop is predetermined within the mobs' templates. It's not affected by any drop bonus items.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
Thank you.