Author Topic: DualWield  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Charon

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
DualWield
« on: November 19, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »
I just noticed what seems to be a misconception regarding DualWield specialization.
It has prerequisites - to reach lvl7 proficiency in following weapons: warhammer, pike, axe and two-hand sword. Please note, those are all two-hand weapons.
Now the DualWield specalization is focusing on fighting with two one-hand weapons simultaneously. Why the heck do we need to be proficient in all two-hand weapons if later on the hero will use only one-hand weapons?
I think prerequisits should be changed in the following way: the hero must be proficient with one-hand weapons instead of 2H as it is now.
Also, why require to be proficient in all weapons? One should be enough, why does the hero need to be proficcient with e.g maces if he's gonna use only swords?

If you agree please move this to suggestions or bugs - I don't know which is better.

Crassus

Re: DualWield
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »
The thought behind those requirements must be that you need two strong and agile hands to wield two weapons at the same time. The only way to achieve something like that is to train and use 2-handed weapons. When you will use one one-handed weapon you train only one of your hands...

Offline Charon

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: DualWield
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »
That is pretty weird explanation I must admit  :D
Check the system in Dragon Age Origins - everything is as it should be. Bioware did a good job as always. I say take some ideas from them will be good