Author Topic: Have an imperial mail/post system  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have an imperial mail/post system
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
I have friends in the empire that I want to share goods with, but they are not in my guild. I would like to send them a recipe, an apple or dagger (not in the back!).

I don't want to use the open auction because of a number of factors:
- it is difficult to find a specific item in the auction
- someone else might buy the item
- pay auction fees for a gift is really sucky
- the recipient would have to be online and would need to find the item, rather than passively receive it.

My suggestion is that there be a postal system implemented in the game. There could be a postal fee based on the size of the item, measured in backpack squares (1 square for an apple, 2 squares for a belt, 8 squares for a tower shield, 5 squares for 5 stacked bars of copper etc.). The fee should be cheap because the exchange could actually be done by joining a leaving guilds, but that is a hassle.

We are already able to transfer gold and diamonds to others, why not actual items?

There shouldn't be any concern about the postal system killing the auction house, because paying for these items with gold transfer is very expensive (the fee is high).
The items received would reside in the cache.

Opinions?
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Dino740

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: Have an imperial mail/post system
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »
You mentioned that you can do it anyway by leaving/joining guilds........ Is there not a limit to the amount of guilds you can join ??

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »
I think the postal service will decrease the prices of all items on the market. It will be a simple bartering between players. There will be no passion in the game  *hmm*... Sorry for my English  ;)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
You mentioned that you can do it anyway by leaving/joining guilds........ Is there not a limit to the amount of guilds you can join ??
You can only be in one guild at a time. What I was mentioning is that someone could leave their current guild, join mine and get the item from my guildstash, then leave and re-join their own guild. That would be a real hassle.

TaniaR, You think that there would be no passion in the game? I think it would increase player interaction. People would be drawn to the forum and would be bartering items in the existing Market section. The auction would still thrive because people would still need to sell things for profit and not everything would be available for trade (rare/leg/epic items).
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Crassus

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:49:09 PM »
There is a limit at joining and leaving guilds...(5 i think) The best way is through auction house although risky...
But the very best way is to merge the guilds at a large one...
As for the mail system i agree that it will ruin the entire auction system...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:15:50 AM by Crassus »

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »
good idea  :) But you must to pay for mail delivery also  *hihi* imho.

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
I don't know if this is such a great idea...

Since we are talking about friends here, you could all join a singe guild (like I personally do with friends in multiplayer games). Since you chose not to, you should be ready for the consequences, according to game mechanics.

Of course, this is just my opinion. If I was asked to propose an addition to the matter, I would propose a gift system, strictly to send items to others as GIFTS, so they would be surprised, thank you etc etc. This means it should be costly enough that the medium player would not use it for... financial reasons (for example sending skins to some "friendly" --double?-- account). You wanna gift a rare item worthy 10k in auction* to a friend? Pay 10k gold in the gift shop and send it. Since you don't send gift every day, it should be ok.

*average of all "buy now" prices in auction

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
There is a limit at joining and leaving guilds...(5 i think) plus there is no way to return to one guild since you left...
For this reason leaving join is not an option!!! The best way is through auction house although risky...
But the very best way is to merge the guilds at a large one...
As for the mail system i agree that it will ruin the entire auction system...

I would kindly like to correct you on the fact that you can return to the guild you left without a problem :) I ve done it many times, just a few days ago as well.

Joining 30 people in guild is expensive ! Joining 40 would be almost insane, so I dont think its a viable option for many people...

To me personally - whether you transfer something through a "gift shop" and pay gold or through the auction - makes no big difference. I am pretty sure its not so hard to organize the transfer of 1 item when both people are online and ready to buy it.

Crassus

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 12:18:02 AM »
Ok my bad :-[ about the leaving/joining...
I thought i had read it somewhere at forum...I hope no harm done, post modified.

Cuorion

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 04:24:10 AM »
Ok my bad :-[ about the leaving/joining...
I thought i had read it somewhere at forum...I hope no harm done, post modified.

I think that was... the Imperia Online forum you must have read this... :D

Crassus

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 04:56:52 AM »
Sadly no...it was not...
it was here
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=3644.0
and i was remembered wrong this
how I must return a hero in a guild it's :-[ possibly ?
if you change guild 5 times then no