Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Terrorize

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Rangers
« on: June 30, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »
Just wondering how other rangers use thier Attribute points, do you go full AGI/DEX and get VIT/INT/STR(?) on gear? Or do you go mostly AGI/DEX and throw a few points into other areas now and then? :D

Offline -166-

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
Well, I use my attribute points on dexterity and agility. And I have 31 agility + some dexterity on items. I used some attribute points on vitality too.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »
agi + dext + vitality( must have). You can invest something in int or pump it later with items, so you can use skills.

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Yes I use all my skill points on dexterity and agility get other attributes on the items.  I avoid the gold/items drop rings.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 05:46:11 AM »
I like to put 1 point each level into strength, so that I can wear good equipment. I would rather sacrifice that one point and get other bonuses in my equipment than not put anything into strength and rely on jewelery to allow me to wear chainmail stuff. I love chainmail and I need the strength to wear it. When that strength requirement was added a few months ago, I needed to redistribute points in order wear my good stuff.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Cuorion

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 05:53:28 AM »
I shared the same thougths as you about gold drops bonus but I have to admit that I have changed my mind on that. There are farming zones that can give a very interesting gold outcome compared to the AP spent there (and to character's level ofcourse) and boosting these areas even more seems an interesting idea.

What I do with my jewellery? I've got two sets. One mostly with strength and gold boost and one with life and vitality boosts. I tend to use the first one more, but the second one has helped out in some difficult situations... (Meatshield build plus 2 healers :D )

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am not a ranger but a fury warrior. Anyway, my point is that your attributes allocation should be based on your idea of your character's playstyle, the mercenaries you've got and the points you want them good at.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:00:39 AM by Cuorion »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »
Yes I use all my skill points on dexterity and agility get other attributes on the items.  I avoid the gold/items drop rings.

Gold/item drop rings become very useful as you reach tier 3, depending of course on your priorities. In tier 2 -  you dont feel the advantages that strong, I think.

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »
Gold/item drop rings become very useful as you reach tier 3, depending of course on your priorities. In tier 2 -  you dont feel the advantages that strong, I think.

I realize the potential thats why even though my hero dosen't have any such items my mercs are mostly equipped with drop items..