Author Topic: Tier 2 bug  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Draco416

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Tier 2 bug
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
Whenever I complete a quest or storyline and get the next one available, I keep getting MAKE 7 (or any number) of.  The rest of it is blank so I have not been choosing this quest.  I copied and pasted what I just received in Farolin tavern.

Draco416 is my hero name.

So, you want to make some money, huh? You came to the right place then! Here’s the deal. I have a big order by the military and an impossible deadline, as usual. Don’t blame me! Blame the military. So, if you help me do the order, I’ll make us both rich. How about it? Make 7 of and we will talk business.

Reward:
Gold : 850 - 1300
Action Points : 6

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 2 bug
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »
Whenever I complete a quest or storyline and get the next one available, I keep getting MAKE 7 (or any number) of.  The rest of it is blank so I have not been choosing this quest.  I copied and pasted what I just received in Farolin tavern.

So, you want to make some money, huh? You came to the right place then! Here’s the deal. I have a big order by the military and an impossible deadline, as usual. Don’t blame me! Blame the military. So, if you help me do the order, I’ll make us both rich. How about it? Make 7 of and we will talk business.

Reward:

Hmm, I think maybe this need a little bit of clarification. IF you complete a step in the storyline quest, you should get the next step which has nothing to do with this.

THIS looks like a task that you get in the tavern - the kind that usually asks you to kill X monsters, collect X resources or craft X items. Those tasks are generated on a random principle and most of the time are not very much worth completing. Now, the case that you are showing occurs from time to time, I think there is something missing in the script and before the advice given was to just take the task and then cancel it.

IF you keep on getting this after you complete a step in the storyline, then it might be a more serious problem, so you maybe need to try cancelling and see if it appears again :)

Cuorion

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »

Reward:

Regarding the normal quests (the one you posted seems too similar to such), it is something that happens quite usually, just abort it as isolde said.

Now, regarding the word in bold in the quote above, I can confirm there is a crafting quest in Sonoria's storyline (I think it is 6/11 - it asked me for 5 Cooper Plated Helmets) that might have gone wrong the way tavern's normal quests usually do. If that's the case, since you cannot abort it, I guess it should be checked by an admin.

Just to be sure, can you confirm if your problem also occured on a storyline quest?

P.S.: I never tried to abort a storyline quest and now that I checked, I can see no such button. Dunno if there is another way to do it.

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »
it asked me for 5 Cooper Plated Helmets
And you are tanner....
Also the game have a twisted humor and choose tier 1 (mostly) recipes that are from other gathering profession...the only solution is a guild member give you the necessary resources, or buy them from auction...

And there is no way to cancel a storyline quest...just do not do it but you will lose the rewards...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:27:50 PM by Crassus »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »
And you are tanner....
Also the game have a twisted humor and choose tier 1 (mostly) recipes that are from other gathering profession...the only solution is a guild member give you the necessary resources, or buy them from auction...

And there is no way to cancel a storyline quest...just do not do it but you will lose the rewards...

Hey ! Thanks to the great storyline quest in Seemlia I am now the master TIER 1 weaponsmith of my guild ! Its a great position, no competition, no demands !

Yes, we can simply spam till the guy confirms if the problem occured in the storyline quest  *UNDECIDED*

Cuorion

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 06:11:30 AM »
And you are tanner....

Yup, I am a tanner. Which obviously means I am also an armorsmith...  :-X

???

Offline Draco416

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 03:07:25 AM »
I have received similar messages such as this in Haroda, Farolin, and Sonoria.  I accepted one tavern quest ot create 8 copper daggers.  After completing 3 of 8, the item to complete disappeared, but I kept track of the item since it was the only one I was creating at the time.  I have avoided accepting crafting tasks ever since.  Big mistake since I now have to collect 160+ Oak Wood in Sonoria Woods.  Oh well, live and play and learn. 

Offline Draco416

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 03:41:08 AM »
If you can llok at the Tavern Quest in Farolin, you can see that both quests that are show show MAKE 10 of   (for the first one) and MAKE 6 of   ( for the second quest).  This is what appeas below.

Draco416

Quests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear you have a reputation of a descent crafter. Let me tell you something, my friend. Words don’t impress me. Deeds do. So, if you are half good as they say, it won’t be a problem for you to make me 10 of , right? Now get to work and get back to me when you’re done.

Reward:

So, you want to make some money, huh? You came to the right place then! Here’s the deal. I have a big order by the military and an impossible deadline, as usual. Don’t blame me! Blame the military. So, if you help me do the order, I’ll make us both rich. How about it? Make 6 of and we will talk business.

Reward:
Gold : 800 - 1300
Action Points : 4

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »
Dont care about the tavern quests (Ok, its not the most promising answer but hopefully programmers will look in the issue and fix the script or whatever and no such quests will be further generated ). The point is that these quests are not really that worth it anyway, just cancel it and hopefully another one, which is better should come.

Judith

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
If you can llok at the Tavern Quest in Farolin, you can see that both quests that are show show MAKE 10 of   (for the first one) and MAKE 6 of   ( for the second quest).  This is what appeas below.

Draco416

Quests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear you have a reputation of a descent crafter. Let me tell you something, my friend. Words don’t impress me. Deeds do. So, if you are half good as they say, it won’t be a problem for you to make me 10 of , right? Now get to work and get back to me when you’re done.

Reward:

So, you want to make some money, huh? You came to the right place then! Here’s the deal. I have a big order by the military and an impossible deadline, as usual. Don’t blame me! Blame the military. So, if you help me do the order, I’ll make us both rich. How about it? Make 6 of and we will talk business.

Reward:
Gold : 800 - 1300
Action Points : 4

Those items/recipes missing from the quests have been deleted or renamed. Thanks for reporting. They will be checked and the renamed ones will be added.

I'd like to ask everyone who sees quests like that to report them asap, so programmers will be able to fix them asap, also.