Author Topic: Ranger Specialization  (Read 4613 times)

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Ranger Specialization
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »
I have recently reached level 15 and have the option to specialize. I noticed that while all the skills of stalkers increase in some percentage whereas in hunters it increases in absolute values. so i am tempted to choose hunter.
However i currently have throwing knives(6-29 Strength +7) and Shield(Armor 117 Block +10), while the best bows available are like(5-33) and crossbows(15-40) that are much weaker. I want to know when i advance to tier 3 will there be similar disparity in weapons damage.

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger Specialization
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »
It will be the same with the damage, but other things like range count too. You can see yourself how weapons will evolve visiting the shop in Imperial City.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
I have recently reached level 15 and have the option to specialize. I noticed that while all the skills of stalkers increase in some percentage whereas in hunters it increases in absolute values. so i am tempted to choose hunter.
However i currently have throwing knives(6-29 Strength +7) and Shield(Armor 117 Block +10), while the best bows available are like(5-33) and crossbows(15-40) that are much weaker. I want to know when i advance to tier 3 will there be similar disparity in weapons damage.

Crossbows have higher damage but some - to agility and dexterity, bows generally have low damage. Advantage of those weapons are that you have range (you can shoot several rounds before the opponent). The hunter skills are very good for fighting animals, especially after level 20 - hunting, volley and eagle eye are great !

As a stalker - I would recommend fighting with javelins (throwing knives are simply weaker), so you have 1 weapon that is much better than the other 2. Javs are good, but damage falls 50% after 12 rounds. Advantage is you can wear a shield so blocking is increased as well. The skills - mostly count on increasing critical hit, which anyway reaches 50% max around level 40, even before. It is the currently preferred specialization, but my advice is - follow your heart :) Hunters are not weaker, just different, so if you feel like playing one - you can be successful as well :)

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
thanks

I've also noticed that while javelins are good against high armor units throwing knives are better against monsters. so i keep both of them and keep switching as required.

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
I was just browsing through tier 3 and 4 heroes and found not even one guy using anything other than javs!!  :o

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »
I was just browsing through tier 3 and 4 heroes and found not even one guy using anything other than javs!!  :o

You ever wondered why :) Our beloved leader  :D was one of the greatest fools since he insisted on using throwing knives for a long time, but they are simply a weaker weapon! Especially after tier 3 starts, its just not worth it if you ask me. Anyway, I think only good use of them will be in dual wield, if they implement it.

Sheremetev

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 09:30:25 AM »
I think they changed the 50% cut in javs from R12 to R6. So do your best to make the battle as short as possible.

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »
Anyways i think the hunter's skills are biased toward monsters (both hunting and burning arrows) which i dont think is good..