Author Topic: Not FER  (Read 6923 times)

Offline cristit

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Not FER
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
there is a tax, but for Buy Order, not for sell.

Cuorion

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
I was thinking of opening a new topic in Suggestions about this post but since there is a conversation here with a similar purpose, I guess it is fine. I think there is something "missing" from the game. What we call money-sink. Let me explain.

Normally, when there is a steady turnout of new players in a game, it can become tricky when they have to compete over the same items with old players that have greater income, in more than one ways. To counter this, most games invend of a way to make older players spend their money in other things and ease the new players a bit. There are some money-sink mechanisms in game, but seemingly they are not enough. The problem with the existing such mechanisms is that they apply in both old and new players. Both repair their equipment, both pay their mercenaries, both buy their potions. What this game needs is something that new players can't have and old players want to have.

One idea is to implement achievements. Finish x dungeon without using mercenaries, kill y bears, etc. Some of the achievements though can be something like use z items at once, or even buy t random worthless items with hopes that they'll unlock an achievement in the future.

Of course, this is just a suggestion but I think it would lead high-tier players spend a part of their money so they then have less money to invest in diamonds, leading in a price drop.

Sheremetev

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »
Go to Auction and see the price of coal, light hides or gemstones. High tier players buy these things with their own gold, because they don't have the chance or motivation to search for lower tier resources themselves. And so some of the gold goes not only for diamonds, but in the pockets of the people, who supply the market with certain resources.

Cuorion

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
Yeah and that's a good thing, however since people are allowed to keep multiple accounts, higher tier players can just make 2-3 multis and farm their own resources.

In any case, I don't think you believe it is lower tier players who brought the diamond prices all the way up to 23k each.

Offline Dino740

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 05:43:49 AM »
......however since people are allowed to keep multiple accounts, higher tier players can just make 2-3 multis and farm their own resources.

The biggest problem in the game in my opinion............