Author Topic: Mercenary's equipments  (Read 2280 times)

Offline loveblue

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Mercenary's equipments
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
Today I just bought a "Bronze Plated Round Shield" for my Warrior Mercenary. But when I tried to equip it, it says "This armor is not your class". That's strange, I recall that warrior class can equip all kinds of armor.

Is it suppose to be like that? Is the equipment that can be equipped to the Mercenary depends on the Hero's class?

~ My mercenary level is 16, with 66 strength. The shield is level 14. ~

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary's equipments
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
When you reached lvl 15, you were given the opportunity to choose a specialization (Guardian or Fury Warrior). If you chose the more defensive option (Guardian), you would be able to use that shield.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline loveblue

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
It turns out that my guildmate who answers my question.  :D :D :D

No, it's not for my Hero but for my Mercenary. I'm a ranger and intend to equip that shield to my mercenary that's a warrior class.

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
Even if your merc level ups he will not be able to equip it because he will not select some specialization, heavy type shield are only for players and mercs with guardian specialization.
And equipment level does nothing to do with your level, i mean a player (or merc) lv 10 can equip with item up to 19 level, only tier is what is counts (and str requirements), different equipment level simple suggest the best...

Offline loveblue

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
I see. I don't know that only guardian warriors can equip the heavy shield. I thought that all warriors can simply equip all armors. Thanks for the explanation.

I hope that the developer would provide more complete information about each class on the official sites. Surely I know about my hero class details since I was given the details when I choose my hero class and specialization. But, I don't know much about the other classes and that give me difficulties managing my mercs that have different classes.

~ case closed ~
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:16:23 PM by loveblue »

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »
No, it's not for my Hero but for my Mercenary. I'm a ranger and intend to equip that shield to my mercenary that's a warrior class.

My mistake.

If you want more info about the various classes, check out the FAQ, Tips of the Day, and Game Mechanics.
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?board=2.0
There's info there about all parts of the game.

Hope that helps.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post