Poll

what do u think about southpark cartoons?

they are the moust funny and educative cartoons ever
5 (41.7%)
they are to racist
1 (8.3%)
not funny at all
2 (16.7%)
i grow up with them
1 (8.3%)
i like only scooby doo type
0 (0%)
they are moust funny cartoons ever but not educative at all(special for isolde)
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 10, 2009, 05:27:01 PM

Author Topic: who likes southpark?  (Read 12968 times)

Offline warart

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
who likes southpark?
« on: April 25, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: who likes southpark?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »
I love Southpark !!! They are totally not educative but funny as hell  ;D

Offline warart

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »
well i say they are educative to know for future that the state care's s*** about u and even u will become a retard in live that not means u cant figure it out about whats happening around lol.i will ad a option for isolde in poll

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
Ha ha, I just watched the last episode with Cartman and the pirates  ;D It is so funny !

Best quote from the episode : (after they captured the french ship by chasing the crew with Kevin's light saber  ;D)

"Yeah, they are French so they surrendered immediately "

Offline warart

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
i think the guys who made up this cartoon leave in a mental care institute LMAO

chegewara

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »
i think the guys who made up this cartoon leave in a mental care institute LMAO
i think people who like this cartoon should be there too 8)

Offline warart

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »
RUUUUNNN FOOORRR YOUURRRR LIIIFEEEE ISOOOLLDEEE!!..LETSS GOOO TOOO SOMALIA!!!! LMAO

i love ike's goodbye letter to his parents lool from the pirates episode
and from the margarita's one the sick scene with the bank emlpoyee..that hole episode its a sarcastic story about what realy happend with the ECONOMIC CRISIS :(((

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »
i think people who like this cartoon should be there too 8)

being retarded or childish is no proof of mental illness ... leave that to those who are really suffering from brain degenerescence (as opposed to brainy laziness ;D)
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 10:53:15 PM »
being retarded or childish is no proof of mental illness ... leave that to those who are really suffering from brain degenerescence (as opposed to brainy laziness ;D)

Well, Starbuck I dont think people who like the cartoon are retarded or childish - truth is, I thought this was actually a horrible cartoon the first time I saw it like 5 years ago or something, kids using bad cussing words a lot, which I dont tolerate at all...I didnt bother to look deeper for any meaning if on the outside it just appeared to be some BS...

My boyfriend was the one who "educated" me about what SP is and I honestly enjoy it now, because this cartoon is meant to make fun of all things with no exception (famous people, religion, worldwide problems ) and nothing is spared -nothing is holy or forbidden or taboo. Truth of the matter is, the cartoon tries to make a point and teach a moral lesson with every episode, but its up to you to learn it, up to you to look past the humor and feel the jab they make at a much more serious issue ...

The last episode had about 20 minutes of  very funny (to me) jokes and about 20 seconds in which a "Somalian pirate" was talking about how his dream is to study and how he cant understand why the kids are there to be pirates. Because as a pirate he is scared every time they attack a ship, he is scared he will die and his mom who is dying of AIDS will have noone to bring her food..."  I know I could chose better shows to watch, which would show me the same but maybe because I see it in a retarded cartoon, the impression it leaves is so much stronger. And my "lazy brain" is magically stimulated by a stupid cartoon, whose point is not only to make fun of everything and everyone but to make you THINK for yourself of why things are the way they are...

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 11:01:44 PM »
I don't think you understood me : I was replying to chegewara who said both South Park creators and their watchers should be in a mental institutions.
A common assumption for those who don't like cartoons is to consider them as suitable only for child-like or perverted/sociopath characters when you are no more in your teens.

my comment was to say that they are not, because mental institutions should rather be devoted to those that are truly in pain (rather than to those who might be ostracised by high-minded people ;))

however, "mental laziness" was definitely my take on those who enjoy watching South Park, American Dad, Simpsons ... at face value, with no background.
Like you said, they are making fun of those "holier-than-you" attitudes through their cussing (think Carter) more than they are indulging in easy abuses (though sometimes you wonder if it's not some kind of "fan service")

Am I clearer ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:07:03 PM by Starbuck »

Offline warart

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 11:20:01 PM »
wow how deep it goes the subject lmao hahaha i like it 8) ;D

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 12:23:41 AM »
I don't think you understood me : I was replying to chegewara who said both South Park creators and their watchers should be in a mental institutions.
A common assumption for those who don't like cartoons is to consider them as suitable only for child-like or perverted/sociopath characters when you are no more in your teens.

my comment was to say that they are not, because mental institutions should rather be devoted to those that are truly in pain (rather than to those who might be ostracised by high-minded people ;))

however, "mental laziness" was definitely my take on those who enjoy watching South Park, American Dad, Simpsons ... at face value, with no background.
Like you said, they are making fun of those "holier-than-you" attitudes through their cussing (think Carter) more than they are indulging in easy abuses (though sometimes you wonder if it's not some kind of "fan service")

Am I clearer ?

well, I bit clearer  ;D  I think you are just mad because of the french joke  :P 

I dont know a single person, no matter how old that doesnt like cartoons, that in my opinions doesnt make you appear infantile or worthy of a mental institution subscription ;)

About the mental laziness... well I guess I could afford to be mentally lazy for 20 mins a week ... I actually never understoon American Dad or Simpson, I cant find anything funny or of any value in them. There are of course episodes of SP as well, where you wonder - is there no limit to what these guys can do...but then, it totally depends on the outlook ! You can see in a cartoon just a parody of no value or quick escape from reality or you can look beyond the cussing and think " what are they trying to tell me with this ?" I somehow end up watching almost each episode laughing and still thinking to myself "what an imperfect world I live in indeed..."

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 12:51:35 AM »
well, I bit clearer  ;D  I think you are just mad because of the french joke  :P 

you betcha I am ... by equating french to cowardice because of a misreading of WW2 history, ones could easily start equating US with gestapo because of the Bush Administration, WOT and Iraq ... I'm sure our american/english friends would love to see this kind of parallel being made at every turn in pop culture, even though it's just a gratuitous offensive analogy.

and yet, it's not like I'm not getting over this kind of crass joke ;)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 01:11:42 AM »
Well, I guess everyone has those... Dumb Americans jokes, Evil Germans jokes... I guess one has to get used to those or explode from frustration.

Now please excuse me, I need to go finish eating some Palestinian infants :P

Offline Sub comandante marcos

• Sjarko
  • Tier 4
  • Red hot Chilli Peppers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 01:18:19 AM »
i like south park and happy trhee friends