Author Topic: "harvesting" pelts  (Read 8589 times)

Cuorion

Re: "harvesting" pelts
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
At this point your reasoning is clear (and I hope mine is too) so we can agree that we disagree.

Yeah, I guess we can agree on this one. :)

So I was hypnotising something very alternative  to the other idea, a change in the game in the opposite direction of the main suggestion of this series of posts giving a bit more power in the market to low level characters.

The idea was to make at least 1 resource of every kind available only to characters of a specific tier, so that they would "control" a resource useful to sell to higher level character, giving them a source of income that could be used to buy diamonds.

This is totally disjointed from the other argument. The only similitude was that changing it this way all the other profession would have their equivalent of "light leather".

I wouldn't personally mind on this one. If it ever been proposed actually, I think I would vote for it.

Nothing important.
"Go Play WoW", "You play Wow" ecc. as a disparaging term is very used in the EVE forum (it is a space MMORPG) and what you wrote was very similar in tone.

Joust a last "inflammatory" comment  ;)

Sorry if it sounded insulting, it was not intended to. It's kind of a joke old Lineage 2 players use in Aion.
Lineage 2 is one of the two games players left to come play Aion, the other being WoW. Lineage 2 was a very difficult game, reaching a point where the player had to earn money in every possible way to have a chance of surviving (imagine I was level 67 for more that 6 months). WoW on the other hand was a lot easier, not only in the aspect that 99% of the players reached top level, but also that the best equipment at everytime was a lot easier to acquire that Lineage 2. Aion is somewhere in the middle. So it seems easy to ex-Lineage 2 players and hard to ex-WoW players. When someone asks for something to change or says it is hard, "Did you play WoW?" is the first reply you ever see.
About EVE now, I used to play for a couple of months and I have great respect for that game. So I was wondering how could you know I was playing since I never mentioned it in this forum. :-[ *hihi*

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
Yeah, I guess we can agree on this one. :)

I wouldn't personally mind on this one. If it ever been proposed actually, I think I would vote for it.
About EVE now, I used to play for a couple of months and I have great respect for that game. So I was wondering how could you know I was playing since I never mentioned it in this forum. :-[ *hihi*

I am a EVE addict so it was a pure coincidence.

The suggestion it is serious. What is dislike is the large difference in gathering systems. There is no need to "dumb down" the mechanics.

Cuorion

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
Why all characters can get bones when they kill a animal? Shouldn't they be limited to tanners like hides?

Gameplay changes which will be deployed today:
[...]
3. All the bones in the game will now drop as loot only to those heroes that are Tanners.

Are you a prophet? :D

P.S.: I love the new battle visualization. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:24:17 PM by Cuorion »

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:04:51 PM »
 :D

I wish I could do that with the lottery.

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
imho, we need change the game, change recipes requirement leather to the same tier.
tier1 recipes must require tier1 leather
tier2 recipes must require tier2 leather
tier3 recipes must require tier3 leather
etc...

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 02:59:27 PM »
Being a tanner I think only major trouble is with light hides (especially when a quest comes up  *crazy*). In other case it is fine...in fact as pointed out in the earllier posts tanners are at great advantage in gathering hides tier2 onwards. In fact I guess in tier tier 2 a miner or carpenter would have to use 2 aps to get 2-4 resources  ?????
But Being tanner I get 4-6 hides  + 200XP +100 gold per AP  :hooray: in tier 2..So that way there is much disparity. Also u can dig collectively all the 50+ hides u gathered by spending all your aps. In that way it is less time consuming  *BEACH*...others have to keep digging again and again... *WALL*

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
Chevalier, your description of gathering hides fails to include several factors....
Fighting animals for hides may result in 0 hides, you and your mercs may take damage that needs healing, and your equipment takes damage that needs to be repaired, which costs you gold. When you fight animals for hides, you rarely get other items dropped that are of any real value (for example, no weapons are dropped that can be sold at the stores for profit)

Currently, in tier 2, Ash wood is worth about 300 gold each, tin ore is 400 gold each, 1 raw sapphire is almost 8000 gold,......but a medium hide is worth only 100 gold.

Hides may be slightly easier to harvest, but I would not say that they are more profitable. I actually think, ALL things considered, all professions can be equally profitable (depending upon the individual player).
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
hmm I didnt think that way. The net output is same in either case. But the low price of hides shows that it is easier to gather. That was my point. :D
I would especially emphasize on the last point that is collectively skinning everything(lot more convinient) because I had created another accounted as a carpenter and i find irritating to have to dig again and again every minute. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:05:54 PM by chevalier »

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »
Fighting animals for hides may result in 0 hides

True But if you go specifically for gathering hides there is this dungeon called ursailia where u never get less than 4 per battle at least till level 16. And if ur equipped with good gear and have nice mercenaries at level 12- 13. You get 6 hides guaranteed per battle...

BUT gathering light hides is a totally impossible task you may spend 24 aps and get 1 hide. Thats really irritating :rant:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:16:33 PM by chevalier »

Cuorion

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Imagine what happens when you get 6-10 heavy hides plus 4-5 light bones plus around 1000 gold per ap in level 21... *hihi*

Seriously now, I'll stick to Geomaticus's most accurate phrase.

I actually think, ALL things considered, all professions can be equally profitable (depending upon the individual player).

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
I would especially emphasize on the last point that is collectively skinning everything(lot more convinient) because I had created another accounted as a carpenter and i find irritating to have to dig again and again every minute. 

You can make several attempts to dig with one command,  so no need to retry every minute. I find skinning animals after every combat more fastidious (I have read some post implying that it is possible to fight several battles and then skin all the animals in one go. It is true?)

For me a disadvantage of the tanner is that he can't "use" a bubch of AP in one go for gathering a lot of resources.  Currently, it I know I will be away for a day with a gemcutter I can say "dig for 24 AP" and use all the AP produced in one day. 3 clicks and I am set for 24 hours.

With a tanner I need to go to a easy combat site (so that I don't risk to be too killed) and do a clickfeast: attack, jump to the end of the combat, close combat, skin, repeat another 23 times.

Nothing mortal but still more annoying.

Note that the changes in the market interface have removed most of my earlier complaints.  The light hides bottleneck still exist, but it is way less of a problem.

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:28 AM »
For me a disadvantage of the tanner is that he can't "use" a bubch of AP in one go for gathering a lot of resources.  Currently, it I know I will be away for a day with a gemcutter I can say "dig for 24 AP" and use all the AP produced in one day. 3 clicks and I am set for 24 hours.

Please tell me how we can do that??Is this a premium feature?

And yes it is possible to skin after several battles and skinning does not take AP
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 08:54:04 AM by chevalier »

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »
Please tell me how we can do that??Is this a premium feature?

I have premium and can do that

And yes it is possible to skin after several battles and skinning does not take AP

Nice, TY for the information.