Author Topic: Damage reduce vs agility  (Read 6429 times)

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Damage reduce vs agility
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:04:59 AM »
If you were to choose between an armour 211 with 6 agility and amour 168 with 4 damage reduced, which one would YOU pick?

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Damage reduce vs agility
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »
it depends who you will fight. opponents with low minimum damage and if you have enough armor with the rest equipment, i would choose damage reducing. they wont damage you at all then.
if you dont manage to lower their damage to minimum, i would choose the one with agility.  15 gives you 211-168=43/15 - almost 3 damage reduction + better chance to not get hit at all.

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
15 gives you 211-168=43/15 - almost 3 damage reduction + better chance to not get hit at all.

What do you mean by '15'? 15 agility points?
I have high armor right now, so yes I manage to lower their weapons to minimum damage.

So the lower_armor+damage-reduction is better against rangers while the higher-armor+agility is better against warriors?

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »
15 points of armor reduce damage for 1 point. thats why i divided 43 by 15.
i was talking about monsters. you cant make universal choice, it depends on what weapon is player using. That with agility is little better. but in fights against monsters at tier 2 i used damage reducing and it works great.

Offline gunther

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »
What if my weapon was a spear and so my agility becomes from 8 to 12.8, is it still better than 4 damage reduction?

Crassus

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »
15 points of armor reduce damage for 1 point. thats why i divided 43 by 15.
i was talking about monsters. you cant make universal choice, it depends on what weapon is player using. That with agility is little better. but in fights against monsters at tier 2 i used damage reducing and it works great.

This is not exactly true... From some time now 12 armor points reduce damage for 1 point....
Quote from: IH Manual(How to Play)
- Every 12 points of armor decrease damage done to the hero by 1 point.
and there are references at forum...

As for your question...
If your enemies have low damage it doesn't really matters what you will choose the effect will be almost the same, no (or little) damage. With the damage reduction to be a bit better. But when you are fighting with enemies causing mass damage, the only solution is to avoid an attack, thus the more your agility the better. Even if they are from helmet, or weapons.