Author Topic: Unusable mercs abilities  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Unusable mercs abilities
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »
Several of the mercs I see in the tavers have abilities with prerequisites.

Almost always they lack the needed prerequisites and the ability don't work.

Can you hadd a check when mercenearies are generated so that they get only  abilities they can use?

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Re: Unusable mercs abilities
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »
Can you give an example.. I cant seem to figure it out...

Cuorion

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
I've seen once a light wizard merc with 2 levels in heal mastery and 2 levels in buff mastery but no levels in either heal or any buffs... :(

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
mm Is buff a skill?? > ???

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Skills that improve other abilities, attributes, etc of the caster and/or their group members are generally called as "buffs".

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
Can you give an example.. I cant seem to figure it out...

Ranger or Warrior with 2 weapon combat but without the pre-requisite skills that can't equip 2 weapons;

light wizard merc with 2 levels in heal mastery (a Curion pointed out, seen the same merc)

and so on.

When searching for higher tiers mercs I have often found otherwise interesting NPC with one (or even more) useless skill.

Seeing how higher tier mercs have a higher wage and cost more to resurrect it is a bit strange to find that they have unusable skills.

I have found useful to pick up tier one mercs with 1 useful skill at high level and upgrade them to higher tiers so that they can use better armors and weapons.

Warriors and rangers don't get access to the better armor and shields, but when you pay a 21 level NPC 5 gold and not 80+ and the ressurrection cost some teens of gold pieces it is a good advantage.

It become easier to add another low cost merc to make the group more powerful and leave the buffing skills to the main character than  to search for a merc with the right skill set up.

I would suggest than when you increase the tier of a NPC,  the wage and the cost of resurrecting him are set to to the lowest cost for a merc of that tier.

At the same time the player get to chose 1 skill for the merc that get raised once every 3 levels. That way a tier one merc upgraded 2 times up to tier 3 and that has fought with the player long enough to get to level 20 will get the pay of a level 20 merc and 3 useful skills, like the best mecs you can find in the tavern.

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:01 PM »
this is pretty old post and still nothing as response... nor solution in game. mercs still missing basic skills. what we should do?