Author Topic: Unknown recipe  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Unknown recipe
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
I have one recipe for quite some time, it has color of weapon recipe, but it cant be learned by weponsmiths.

The nam is STR_RECIPE_744

Can someone check what that is :), it has blue glow also.

Cuorion

Re: Unknown recipe
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
I'm afraid you'll have to wait till Monday to get a 100% accurate answer (or Tuesday if the coming Monday is a day off in Bulgaria too).

I'm going to try an aproaching to your problem but don't take for granted what you're gonna read, until someone can confirm or correct them.

If what I seem to understand of how the game works is correct, there must be a file for each item that contains its data. Ingame name, stats, uses, etc. Like an .ini file. Since "RECIPE" word is visible I would guess there is also an "ITEM", an "ENCOUNTER", a "BUILDING", etc. This would allow the programmers to group similar items in lists and keep data files shorter so they can load faster.

The item in question is obviously a recipe. Since you can actually see its image means it is properly added in the recipes list but there must be a mistake in the file itself. Since the item doesn't work, I would guess a misspelling in the file name so the list cannot connect it to its data.

Now if my theory is correct, the item you've got may not even be a weaponsmith recipe, or one that requires a high quality gem (hence the blue glow). If such data is given in the recipes list and not in the item's file itself, the game should also understand it is a weaponsmith recipe and let you register it. Probably the image you see is a default image for recipes so if a problem occures, you actually see something to help you report the bug and help the programmers locate it (imagine two slots of your inventory just occupied without seeing something there...).

Still, all the above are just speculations.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
I talked with CMs in office. that recipe doesnt exist or was deleted. Maybe in this place, something else will be added.

Cuorion

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
I talked with CMs in office. that recipe doesnt exist or was deleted. Maybe in this place, something else will be added.
*WALL*
So much battery wasted... ???

Judith

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »