Author Topic: what am I missing ?  (Read 16463 times)

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: what am I missing ?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »
I'm glad that I'm not only one who has sometimes problems with marauders :). I often fight in Wondrous Caves and mainly I lose about 50-150 points of live, but when I encounter this marauders I lose more...I have lost battles with 800-900points of live.
One thing is important. The warriors as somebody said they can have extra armor, and the weapons are stronger fot example hammers.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
Extra armor does nothing !!! I am telling you, I have over 600 armor but if a marauder has damage 19-25, this armor helps me nothing - it only decreases damage to 19...it doesnt decrease it by 30. And a hammer is really much stronger but you have additional -30% to dexterity and agility so you can hit even less often and get hit more frequently.

Maybe making strength more important will be an easier option, as it is now, I will not invest points in it at all because it increases damage very, very little as compared to weapon damage. And I wanna kill, dammit, I cant hit even a mountain with a bow and arrow  >:(

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »
extra armor will have great affect when damage will be higher or it has great effect when minimum damage is low. but when minimum damage is high, it has no effect or very little effect. because monsters hits always with minimum damage.
but there isnt big difference in armor for warriors or non warriors now. for example i didnt find any good metal helmet which would be better then leather one. :) or metal armor for body which would be worth being a warrior. but i am expecting those phalanx set described in other topic. :) ;D ;D

Oton

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
Guys.
The characters are pretty balanced, I can assure you.
The rangers can evade most of the blows, but only 3 or 4 successful crushing blows will drain all their health.

Don't worry about that.

And, please, report any bugs, inconsistence and imbalance you encounter.
For instance, we had to track Beast's account for all week in order to see which dungeon he visits so he advances that fast in levels.
There will probably other dungeons which are not "tweaked" enough.
I now understand that Kopsi used bug to advance his character as well.
God knows how many more things remain hidden.
This won't help us make the game balanced and playable. 
And if we have to tackle unreported bugs, we will significantly delay the Tier 3 provinces level design.

So...
Please...

Help us.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
Well, each characters have his good and bad side. that i allready said.

But oton, you could just ask me where i fight after you saw i grow to fast ;). and i would tell you like i told people who asked me.  Sorry, it didnt cross my mind that dungeons are not tweaked. i expected that wondrous caves were there because some reason. and i almost died when i attacked there and then realized it was changed. :) ;D ;D But locations now give less xp, especially 2 i used to gain lvls.

And you are right. its alfa and we wanted full game imidietly. :)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »
Consider tweaking Strength anyway, Oton. Surely you realize that the crit chances on dexterity alone - 0.1% - are worth +0.3% damage, which is more than strength gives (+0.25%). And that's without considering the improved to-hit chances, which have a greater effect still.

Strength is clearly underpowered to all other attributes. Show me one player who thinks investing in Strength is better than investing in Dexterity, Agility or Vitality. Just one, and I'll shut up.

As for exploits... All players report them or I'll pillage you  >:(

Sheremetev

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
Don't listen to him... I have asbestos-enriched armor recipes.
Seriously though, Strength should be made a tempting skill too (and not just because of the fact an enemy mage can make you on negative strengt or smth).

Offline Evileel

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
    • Global Wars forum
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
Show me one player who thinks investing in Strength is better than investing in Dexterity, Agility or Vitality.

Me - two weeks ago . I think this is the main reason why I am only 53 th now
Why so serious?

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
I am missing something...I know I am  >:( I just fought a robber, thief and marauder level 19 and they killed me halfway in the battle. THEY TOOK 2000 Hitpoints from me !!!

I find that unrealistic, I am level 17, I have strength, maximum weapon mastery, 691 Armor and Block 30. And  I could kill just 1 of them !!! Is that how it looks for rangers too ? I dont know what I am doing wrong, but I hope Oton is right and there is some balance :( I am really not happy at how weak warriors appear to be :(

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 06:37:09 PM »
problem is that armor is useless now. because marauders have high minimum damage and for example do from 19-23. so armor take only those 4 damage of. no matter you have 60(4*15) armor or 600. only thing it counts for warrior is to have high damage weapon like me, so i kill them very quickly. becaue 1 handed sword do to little damage. :) you do more normal damage then ranger, but rangers dont get hit so often + they always hit + nice critical chances.  And even with lower armor they get hitted for same damage as warriors.

Sheremetev

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
I enter battle with 31%+ critical chance and 40%+ block. And I leave the battle dead (besides, I have a set of really nice javelines, 360 HP, 300 armor or so, another 6% chance to evade and javeline mastery, 400 robbers killed for the record and near 300 kills with the javs). Btw, about 1/3 of my successful hits are critical, but there always is a marauder (or even one half-dead marauder more) too much.

P.S: I have a skill that increases my minimum damage. The name? You guessed it- Ignore armor!

Offline KOPSi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
Guys.
The characters are pretty balanced, I can assure you.
The rangers can evade most of the blows, but only 3 or 4 successful crushing blows will drain all their health.

Don't worry about that.

And, please, report any bugs, inconsistence and imbalance you encounter.
For instance, we had to track Beast's account for all week in order to see which dungeon he visits so he advances that fast in levels.
There will probably other dungeons which are not "tweaked" enough.
I now understand that Kopsi used bug to advance his character as well.
God knows how many more things remain hidden.
This won't help us make the game balanced and playable. 
And if we have to tackle unreported bugs, we will significantly delay the Tier 3 provinces level design.

So...
Please...

Help us.

if you guys didnt notice it , i reported it in bug section soon as i found it out... check my posts or simply go to bug section and find it  :)
btw, i am still angry for these 5 points stolen...

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »
There will be some twinkling of all characters, some things will be changed tomorrow (for example agility will no longer increase block rate...). A lot of things will change in the item bonuses as well. Do not forget that none of the monster special skills are working... this will quite change the picture, so it is too soon to decide whether one character or another is overpowered. (also I just last week realized we have forgotten to implement the limited shots on the javelins, which made them way too powerful... a lot of monsters will have native resistance to particular weapons, so the usefulness of one weapon or another will change depending on enemy..)

About strength - this is the ONLY attribute/skill that increases minimum damage from the mastery skills.. (ignore armor and piercing shot are limited due to their concrete effect), so in the later stages will be very useful - if we increase anymore its power it may turn out that a fury warrior can kill its enemies with a single hit, which.... (critical hits although very powerful increase maximum damage only... against heavily armored targets may not be as strong)

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »
T(also I just last week realized we have forgotten to implement the limited shots on the javelins, which made them way too powerful...

i am just curious, but wont that make problems. with what will rangers fight when they throw all javelins? will option to take next from stash work during battle or take some other weapon or rangers will just die when they wont have javelins left, which will make javelins useless.
Bye the way, the rest of your message is very informative  :)

Offline IrishFairy

• Mystic in life and in game
  • Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Please, when yoy will do changes, remember, that there are Mystics too and that we cannot fight by ourselves at all... we are killed by a draft in the dungeons, not to fight monsters ... :'(