Author Topic: MERCENARIES  (Read 5036 times)

Offline aqif kastraveci

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
MERCENARIES
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »
What kinde of mercenaries is better to have 1 from all or dsnt metter ????

Crassus

Re: MERCENARIES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
This is not an easy question....
First of all what tier are you, what class and skills you have. How is your hero build up so we can tell what you need. And again when you provide us those info every person will suggest a different combination of mercs...
Is something that you have to find alone, what fits you....

I have 2 guardians with taunt as defender, 1 mystic, and 2 rangers with critical. And i am also guardian (with armor and damage bonuses)

Offline aqif kastraveci

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »
im warrior at 13 lvl tier 2 .health 385 strength 52mana 155 vitality 28. i have 2 warrior mercenars.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »
If you are warrior, I think it would be beneficial to have 1 or 2 rangers that can attack from a distance. Many of your opponents may be hitting you with ranged weapons and it would be helpful if you could return those attacks. As Crassus mentioned, many Rangers have bonuses to critical hit chance, and high dexterity. These attacks can really damage an opponent, even before they get to Range 1 (when your warrior can do some real damage).
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline aqif kastraveci

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »
thnx .i have thinked to do thet but wos looking for rangers with a high strength and a high health.

Crassus

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 08:42:16 PM »
A ranger does not need high strength and if he is behind the main battle line he does not need life either.
My rangers have 500 and 600 life and they are tier 4!!!(And they die after my 2 Defenders fail....)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:42:33 AM »
thnx .i have thinked to do thet but wos looking for rangers with a high strength and a high health.

You want Rangers with high dexterity and possible a bonus to Critical Hit chance. Getting one with 'Eagle Eye' is a really good bonus also (increases range) and volley (multiple targets).

Good luck!
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline chevalier

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 06:04:54 AM »
You may find mystics with heal skill useful when you have good armor...

Offline aqif kastraveci

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
thnx a loot now i understand better this game

Crassus

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »
You may find mystics with heal skill useful when you have good armor...

Every time i had a healer at my party was waste of slot if he could not deliver some damage. The healing  hp was little comparing the damage taken... Do be effective must have full rank at heal.
But until tier 2 is fine, if he is not expensive, and have a good quarterstaff.

Cuorion

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
I don't know if healers worth it after tier 3. My mystic's got 4 levels of heal and he is out of spirit in a matter of 10-15 ap, while he is fully equiped with +spirit and intelligence items. His damage output is the lowest of my whole group and all these for 6 hitpoints of heal per round. I seriously think of replacing him but I find it hard to find some tier 3 mystic with the heal skill (I don't know even if it is possible, since I have this one since tier 2).

I greatly value my 2 other mystics though.
The one's got a level 2 Fountain of Health which enhances 3 of my members' vitality at the beginning of each battle. He also comes along with 4 levels of Staff Mastery and 6 levels of Inner Concentration, which give a damage output similar of that of my ranger.
The other one's got 2 levels of Blur, which lowers an enemy's dexterity in the beginning of each battle. However, he's also got 2 levels of Curse Mastery which spreads the Blur spell on 2 additional targets. Last but not least, he's got 7 levels of Staff Mastery, that bring his damage stats slightly above that of the previous mystic, without the critical hits however, making him a decent damage dealer.

I call the first one the "Buffer" and the second one the "Illusionist". 8)

To complete the team, there's a tank with 2 levels of Taunt and 3 levels of Shield Bash (and a ton of vitality :D ) and a ranger with 7 levels of Critical Hit, 2 levels of Ignore Armor and 2 levels of Retaliate.

Offline ljupce

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
How can I heal my merc (ranger) when he dies? It says Must be haled by Healer, where can I find Healer, in town or must I hire a Mystic?
I'm new so please help me. Thx

Cuorion

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
"Healers" are the buildings in towns with the green hospital mark.
Take note that these buildings also have tiers and to heal a mercenary you need his tier to be equal to the healer's.

Offline ljupce

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
I guess there is no such "Healer" buildings In Hope village then.

Cuorion

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
No no, there is not.
If you are tier 1, the only place you can heal mercenaries is Imperial City.