Author Topic: Experience gains vs. level  (Read 10193 times)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Experience gains vs. level
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »
My suggestion: Multiply experience gained by the level modifier your enemies get. So if you're fighting enemies of 5 levels higher, you'll get +40% experience, whereas if they're 3 levels lower, you'll get -20% experience. This encourages players to fight challenging opponents, and doesn't allow someone to become a good fighter just by killing the same enemies over and over again.

Sheremetev

Re: Experience gains vs. level
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:33:49 PM »
The second part of your suggestion is somewhat applied (fighting Tier1 enemies gives a lot less experience than before as I read somewhere in the forum). But I like the notion of getting more exp when fighting tougher enemies (this will promote merc use too- not only you get more gold, but difficulty compensates for splitting exp after battle too).

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Experience gains vs. level
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »
Decrease of experience and drops has been applied to lower level opponents already... however we will not apply reward for fighting stronger enemies.. we allow a great freedom in arming your characters (10 level difference in the gear), so awarding for fighting stronger enemies could crate a lot of balance issues. (you are already rewarded - for 1 AP you receive more experience, chance for nicer items to be dropped and etc..)