Author Topic: Item drop negated by level??  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Item drop negated by level??
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »
Why is it that the higher level you are the less items are dropped by enemies after a battle I used to get 2-5 items after every battle fighting lv 40-42 bandits and now I am lucky to get 1 item every 4 battles. ( I am level 47 )

Now this in itself isn't that big of a deal its to motivate players to combat stronger opponents I understand that. BUT where my problem is I am a Tanner I get Hides based on combat and this negative drop chance bases on level affect my chance of getting hides as well I need heavy hides to craft some tier 5 items But I can fight tier 4 monsters all day and never get hides because I am being penalized for being tier 5 myself.  and heck just to get a single light hide I would have to waist 10+ action points just to get ONE hide.

I myself can't be the only player upset that my collecting of hides is penalized because I am a higher level is there anyway we can fix this so that the drop chances for hides isn't affected by are level, because it makes it really unfair that I am a higher level so Now I have to Buy all my hides when I should be allowed to just fight for them.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Item drop negated by level??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »
There are a few issues here:

First, hide drops are NOT affected by 'drop chance' percentage. Never have been.

Second, the issue of hide drops decreasing as the level-difference increases has been discussed many many times and will not be modified. If you cannot get the hides you need, then you must fight higher level opponents, or buy the hides. You should have noticed this throughout your character development, since you are now T5.

Third, the drop chance for other items is also affected by level-difference, and has been for a loooong time. This is nothing new and you should have seen this, and adapted to it, by now.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but by Tier5, you should have noticed this stuff by now and seen it mentioned in the forum many times.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »
I don't check the forums and there hasn't been much of a need for me to focus on hide collecting, but with the level cap at 50 its time to start thinking more about crafting but to get what I need in hides I have to fight creatures that are far stronger than my character can handle.

Its funny one thing I have noticed the most about this game is you gear everything around gold and diamonds even to the point where you can't win battle without mercs and to get those you need gold but you penalize the gold gained if you use mercs so most people have to sell diamonds and or use diamonds to craft items to get the gold. and buy the resources since you penalize that. what because I am a higher level when I kill a lower tier animal I just obliterate it so there is no hide left real smart thinking there.

its sad to see a game focus more on getting its players to pay them than from them making a good game for there players to enjoy.

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with game design, I'm just a forum mod.

What you could do is create a second account and use that account to harvest your resources. It's not ideal, but since you are capped at level 50, it might help get the lower resources for you. Alternatively, get a guildmate to toss you a bunch of resources.

Offline KHNUF

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:43:26 PM »
 When on a quest there are attack/battle speeds in red. 1 is the started. What is the best speed for drops?

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »
The playback speed doesn't affect the drops. By that point, the battle outcome has already been determined and is only being played back slowly for your enjoyment. You can even click 'Skip' to finalize the battle instantly, without affecting the outcome.

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »
You would like to read this topic considering hides.
Please read and try to understand all the pros and cons of both mentioned opinions.

I am going to lock this topic because as a question I see it is answered. If you seek further discussion, please use the old one (the link already given).