Author Topic: Multi-level Dungeons.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Multi-level Dungeons.
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
Two questions.
1. With the new profile feature you can see the last 5 fights someone had. I can't remember the exact name of the character but I seen a mystic in a multilevel dungeon having companions/mercenary dead during fight and in the next fight the mercenary was up and running. I know it was "next step" because eventually he got to the final boss and it was a 10 levels dungeon.
My question is: How ? Does the mystic have a spell allowing him to ressurect his mercenaries ? Can you use "Rejuvenation Potion"s to revive mercenaries ? Am I missing something and you can go to town revive the mercenary at the healer building (the only way I can revive them as far as I know) and get back to the dungeon at the same fight/level ?
2. Same profile feature another character. He runs 9/10 fights alone in a multi-level dungeon then in the last boss fight pulls out the mercenaries. How ? As far as I know (and experienced) in multi-level dungeons you can use only the mercenaries you chose from fight 1/10 up.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-level Dungeons.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »
1) Yes, rejuvenation potions can be used between battles of a dungeon to revive dead mercs, not just heal your own fighter. I like to give the merc a boost potion before giving the rejuv potion, because they will automatically fill up to the boosted levels. There is no way to leave a multilevel dungeon part-way (to heal in town) and return to the same spot in the dungeon. If someone healed between battles, they did it from the dungeon, not the town.

2)What you are describing is impossible. It you are sure that it is a multi-level dungeon, than only the mercs that were uses in the each level of the dungeon can be used later on - they cannot whip out mercs at the end that weren't used at the beginning.

Hope that helps!
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
Not trying to raise the post from the dead but at question number 2 the answer is actually "Yes". You can go solo 9/10 steps (or 4/5, 7/8 or whatever) in multi level dungeons then pull your henchmen at the end. Tried it myself.

The actual mechanics is that you can use whatever and how many mercs you want the only limitation being "what you use in one step is what you will have to use to the bitter end". So if you don't use any mercs 9 out 10 you can use any or all mercs or whatever setup you can think of in the final battle. At the same time I highly doubt it is a bug since the player leading to my original question wouldn't use bugs to his advantages.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Judith

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
Not trying to raise the post from the dead but at question number 2 the answer is actually "Yes". You can go solo 9/10 steps (or 4/5, 7/8 or whatever) in multi level dungeons then pull your henchmen at the end. Tried it myself.

The actual mechanics is that you can use whatever and how many mercs you want the only limitation being "what you use in one step is what you will have to use to the bitter end". So if you don't use any mercs 9 out 10 you can use any or all mercs or whatever setup you can think of in the final battle. At the same time I highly doubt it is a bug since the player leading to my original question wouldn't use bugs to his advantages.

it's not a bug. You understood correctly.

Offline loveblue

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
You can go solo 9/10 steps (or 4/5, 7/8 or whatever) in multi level dungeons then pull your henchmen at the end. Tried it myself.
Wow, this is an useful info. I may use this tactics later since it's an official feature.  :D

My question is:
Can we do this solo fight up to several steps and then use the mercs in the middle step (not the last step, for example step 7/10)?
And if we can, will they be treated just like we use them since the first step?  ~I means, in terms that you can only use the mercs that you used in that middle step for the later steps.~

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »
Yes. The rule of the thumb is what you use in step 1-9/10 is what you can use from there to 10/10. So to answer your question, yes you can do that in 7/10. But you will have the same setup in 8/10, 9/10 and 10/10.