Author Topic: "Create your Storyline quest in Imperial Hero" Contest II  (Read 8077 times)

Judith

"Create your Storyline quest in Imperial Hero" Contest II
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:36 PM »
After long discussions about game concepts, the Imperial Hero Team went to the conclusion that the Storyline Quests in the game must be the main factor of the Gameplay.
This is the reason why we organize a Storyline writing contest once again. This time we have prepared more and highly varied tasks which to attract enough players - masters of writing.

Contest Requirements:

1. General Conditions

- The new Storyline quests to be structured by Tiers.
- Texts must be in English.
- There must be 4 types of Storyline: Main, Secondary, Crafting and "Domination".

2. The Main Storyline Conditions

- The Main Storyline quests are taken from the Imperial City Tavern, for Tier 2,3,4 and 5 and from "Marina Haven" Tavern for Tier 6.
 - The Main Storyline quests contain 12 steps, which must have title, exordium and epilogue.
 -  The exordium must be at least 500 words, the steps 300-500, and the epilogue - optional.

3. The Secondary Storyline Conditions

- The Secondary Storylines get unlocked at certain steps of the Main storyline in a particular Tier. They appear in the Taverns that were mentioned above.
- The Secondary Storylines contain 3-6 steps, and must have title, exordium and epilogue.

4. Crafting Storyline Conditions

-The Crafting Storyline quests are taken from the Imperial City Tavern, for Tier 2,3,4 and 5 and from "Marina Haven" Tavern for Tier 6.
- The Crafting Storylines contain 4-8 steps, and must  have title, exordium and epilogue.
- The Crafting Storylines may contain within tasks for crafting items and tasks for collecting resources.

5. "Domination" Storyline Conditions

- The "Domination" Storyline quests are taken from the Imperial City Tavern, for Tier 2,3,4 and 5 and from "Marina Haven" Tavern for Tier 6.
- The "Domination" Storylines must contain 6-10 steps, and must have title, exordium, epilogue.
- The "Domination" Storylines must always send the hero to fight in zones where monsters are *7-*9 level (Tiers 2,3,4 and 5) and *3-*5 (Tier 6).
- The "Domination" Storylines can send the heroes in Multistage dungeons.

Storyline Structures and Rewards For the Different Tiers

In order to help you to make new interesting storyline, here is the list of storyline samples and rewards. We want your storylines for each Tier together with those that we already have.

1. Storyline Quest Tier 2

-1 Main quest, final reward - a Tier 2 set.
  - 2-5 sub-quests with reward:  gold, adding a specific bonus to an item, adding a specific skill to an item. The idea: The sub-quest rewards to help heroes to prepare themselves better for the battles against the bosses of the Main Storyline quests. 
  - Crafting quest with rewards - single use recipes.
  - "Domination" quests with reward - large amount of gold, resources and very good weapons and/or armors.

2. Storyline Quest Tier 3

- 1 Main quest with reward – bonus Attribute Points for the hero.
 - 1 Main quest with reward - a Tier 3 set.
 - 1 Main quest with reward – removing item bound, very good equipment.
 - Crafting quest with reward - single use recipes, epic crafting tool Tier 3.
 - "Domination" quest with reward - a large amount of gold, resources and very good weapons and/or armors.
 - 2-5 sub-quests with rewards: gold, adding a specific bonus to an item, adding a specific skill to an item. The idea is that the sub-quest rewards to help heroes to prepare themselves better for the battles against the bosses of the Main Storyline quests. 

3. Storyline Quest Tier 4

- 1 Main quest with reward - custom mercenary.
 - 1 Main quest with reward - changing a skill of an already existing mercenary.
 - 1 Main quest with reward -  removing item bound, Attribute Points.
 - Main quest with reward - Tier 4 Set.
 - Crafting quest with rewards: Single use recipes, Epic Crafting Tool Tier 4.
 - "Domination" quest with reward - large amount of gold, resources and very good weapons and/or armors.
  - 2-5 sub-quests with rewards: gold, adding a specific bonus to an item, adding a specific skill to an item. The idea is that the sub-quest rewards to help heroes to prepare themselves better for the battles against the bosses of the Main Storyline quests. The sub-quest will be unlocked only when completing a certain step from the Main Storyline quest.

4. Storyline Quest Tier 5

- 1 Main quest with reward - changing a skill of an already existing mercenary.
  - 1 Main quest with reward -  removing item bound.
  - Crafting quest with rewards: Single use recipes, Epic Crafting Tool Tier 5.
  - "Domination" quest with reward - large amount of gold, resources and very good weapons and/or armors.
  - 2-5 sub-quests with rewards: gold, adding a specific bonus to an item, adding a specific skill to an item. The idea is that the sub-quest rewards to help heroes to prepare themselves better for the battles against the bosses of the Main Storyline quests.

5. Storyline Quest Tier 6

- 1  Main quest with Nosfer - equipment enhancing (The storyline can wait, until we open the other half of Karaganda Island).
 - 1 Main quest with reward – removing item bound (The storyline can wait, until we open the other half of Karaganda Island).
 - 1 Main quest with reward - custom mercenary.
 - Crafting quest with rewards : Single use recipes, Epic Crafting Tool Tier 6.
 - "Domination" quest with reward - large amount of gold, resources and very good weapons and/or armors(for *3-*5 level zones).

Additional Information

- Specific rewards can be either written in your texts, or not. We leave those details to your imagination. You can also suggest your own ideas about rewards, and if possible, we will implement them.
 - We are already considering to add in a dungeon a different group of enemies which will be valid only for a certain Storyline step.
 - If you wish to send your heroes to different "instances" in the same dungeon, please write it in your texts.
Example: If you want a certain group to have 2 Legendary mobs, write it and we will put them in this instance.
 - One Storyline Quest can unlock other quests. In this way you can create any kinds of related stories. 
 - You can suggest texts for as many Storyline quests as you wish, there is no limit.

Rewards

1. Each approved text for a Main storyline quest will receive 300 diamonds.Each approved Crafting Storyline will receive 150 diamonds, and the authors names will be written in each step of the Storyline quest.
2. Each approved text for a Sub-quest and a "Domination" Storyline will receive 70 diamonds.
3. The awesome Storyline quests will be rewarded with more diamonds.

Send your Storyline suggestions to oton@imperialhero.org , with your nickname and realm where you're playing. For each text you're sending, write also its type and Tier.

Good luck to all of you writing talents!

The topic will remain unlocked for questions and comments.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:59:03 AM by Judith »

Crassus

Re: "Create your Storyline quest in Imperial Hero" Contest II
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
Until when the contest will be active?
I couldn't find deadline...

Sheremetev

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
No deadline. The sooner you finish your suggestion, the sooner it might be put in the game.

Judith

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »
That's right.
We need tones of content for all provinces, dungeons etc.

Everything good will be put in the game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:55:18 PM by Judith »

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »
Ok, I've got an idea about a storyline I want to write but I would first like to ask if there is any possibility that what I've thought would be implementable.

Basicly, I'm thinking about some kind of a "Domination" Storyline, where the player finds a diary of some old warrior and is guided through some steps to the reward. To make it a bit more realistic though, I've thought of the following.

1) The quest would not be given by a tavern. Instead, there would be a "quest item" (the diary itself) that would be dropped with a certain probability by a certain kind of enemy. When the hero uses the item, he would get the quest.

2) All 11 steps of the quest would be unlocked instantly and each one of them would be a part of the diary itself. The idea behind this is that when someone holds a book, they can actually read it all without having to kill some dangerous foes first.

3) Each step would require that the hero would go get a quest item of some sort, and only by having the quest item of the previous step with you (or even equiped), would the next step's item be made obtainable.

4) There would be no bolded guideline of what to do in each step under the actual storyline quest. The players themselves would have to understand or even guess what to do through the text itself.

Shall I go for it or all the above are just too much to ask?

Oton

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »
Ok, I've got an idea about a storyline I want to write but I would first like to ask if there is any possibility that what I've thought would be implementable.

Basicly, I'm thinking about some kind of a "Domination" Storyline, where the player finds a diary of some old warrior and is guided through some steps to the reward. To make it a bit more realistic though, I've thought of the following.

1) The quest would not be given by a tavern. Instead, there would be a "quest item" (the diary itself) that would be dropped with a certain probability by a certain kind of enemy. When the hero uses the item, he would get the quest.

2) All 11 steps of the quest would be unlocked instantly and each one of them would be a part of the diary itself. The idea behind this is that when someone holds a book, they can actually read it all without having to kill some dangerous foes first.

3) Each step would require that the hero would go get a quest item of some sort, and only by having the quest item of the previous step with you (or even equiped), would the next step's item be made obtainable.

4) There would be no bolded guideline of what to do in each step under the actual storyline quest. The players themselves would have to understand or even guess what to do through the text itself.

Shall I go for it or all the above are just too much to ask?
It's too much to ask.

I have a counter-offer:

Write this warrior's diary, the idea for the story is interesting enough, it doesn't matter where and how you'll find the quest.
You have plenty of taverns and story line quests which can serve as a starting point...

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
It's too much to ask.

I have a counter-offer:

Write this warrior's diary, the idea for the story is interesting enough, it doesn't matter where and how you'll find the quest.
You have plenty of taverns and story line quests which can serve as a starting point...

Thanks for the reply. I'll go on and write it then, and if it's any good you can modify it to fit in the already existing format. :)

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
Hi, I would like to write a storyline (quest), but my english is not so perfect. If I will send to you story with text (when will be written, in english), you will do spelling changes in text, if there will be mistakes... please... *WRITE*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:52:42 PM by TaniaR »

Offline Oton

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
Hi, I would like to write a storyline (quest), but my english is not so perfect. If I will send to you story with text (when will be written, in english), you will do spelling changes in text, if there will be mistakes... please... *WRITE*
No problem at all.
I'll expecting your story.