Author Topic: Suggestion regarding hero quests.  (Read 2984 times)

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Suggestion regarding hero quests.
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
Would it be too much to ask that the game takes into consideration not only the main, crafting , skill when assigning crafting quests ? Let me explain. I am on Step 3/X in The Barrier and the objective is to craft 5 Iron Warhammers. Me being a carpenter, transalted in gold is 25x3500 (iron ingot) + 5x3500 gold (heavy sharpening stone) +some low level wood. Pretty much puts out my joy of questing. Big time. Would I have gotten the objective of crafting bows, that would have meant some cutting wood, refining wood, crafting bows. Questing at its best. :)

Another issue, since I'm at it, is gathering quests as a gem cutter. NMNM has to gather 17 gems in unprotected zone (Farolin) in a dungeon where the gems are "rare" (minimum chance). What's my chances to ever finish the quest ? I had 0 gems on middle-slide-bar/normal chance tries which I presume is 75% chance. Rare is what ? 25% ? Spending 60-70 APs to be able to finish a quest isn't something I'm looking forward to, no matter the benefits, to be honest. When I was doing gathering quests on DMDM (carpentry) 15-20 wood would have meant 4-5 APs. See the disparity ?

And finally I really hope the rewards for the Tier 4 elite final quest aren't set in stone. Not that I'm anywhere near being able to even start the quest but after all the trouble (and it looks nice as far as the quest chain goes) getting a set of 3 plate armors I can't use + a cloak isn't much of an incentive. I presume the quest is work in progress and the final reward will be a set suited for each class. Right ? :)
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Oton

Re: Suggestion regarding hero quests.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
We can't really satisfy everyone's desires about questing, and, to be honest, we don't have to, sir.
We don't want to put the people who don't craft to too much pressure and we don't want to make the crafting quests nearly impossible for completing both at the same time.
So, we make a compromise.

Quests are an addition to the gameplay, not its main feature.
So, they have to be completable by anyone.
I'm sorry you are so frustrated by the questing, perhaps I would suggest you try different aspects of the game?
Leveling? PvP?

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
I don't have time right now to discuss all of your points, but I can address the last one....

You can decide whether the completion of a storyline quest is worthwhile by simply clicking on the closed 'treasure chest' symbol at the end of the storyline. It will show you what the prize will be at that stage. If you don't like the prize, don't continue the storyline. The prizes are not all exactly the same for everyone, but are roughly the same value.

Also, what do you mean by 'Tier 4 elite final quest'?
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
@Oton

"We don't want to put the people who don't craft to too much pressure and we don't want to make the crafting quests nearly impossible for completing both at the same time.
So, we make a compromise."

"Quests are an addition to the gameplay, not its main feature.
So, they have to be completable by anyone."

Would you care rephrasing that ? That sentence doesn't make any sense. You're stating the same fact twice, saying you don't want to make crafting quests hard for people, which was the very essence of my post if you read it right, the quest(s) being hard, and I offered a viable, decent solution for it, that wouldn't satisfy just my petty needs, is a solution that makes sense, then you say you make a compromise. With what ? Where ? I really didn't get your point, if there was any besides "no!". In the second quote you contradict yourself in two consecutive sentences so I don't really know what to make of it.

@Geomaticus I am talking about the Tier 4 elite quest chain you can get in Imperial City. Name escapes me now and the game is under maintenance. I'll get back to it when the game is up.

P.S.

Sorry for the rather harsh "tone" but I really don't understand what point Oton is trying to make. If any.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Oton

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
@Oton

"We don't want to put the people who don't craft to too much pressure and we don't want to make the crafting quests nearly impossible for completing both at the same time.
So, we make a compromise."

"Quests are an addition to the gameplay, not its main feature.
So, they have to be completable by anyone."

Would you care rephrasing that ? That sentence doesn't make any sense. You're stating the same fact twice, saying you don't want to make crafting quests hard for people, which was the very essence of my post if you read it right, the quest(s) being hard, and I offered a viable, decent solution for it, that wouldn't satisfy just my petty needs, is a solution that makes sense, then you say you make a compromise. With what ? Where ? I really didn't get your point, if there was any besides "no!". In the second quote you contradict yourself in two consecutive sentences so I don't really know what to make of it.

@Geomaticus I am talking about the Tier 4 elite quest chain you can get in Imperial City. Name escapes me now and the game is under maintenance. I'll get back to it when the game is up.

P.S.

Sorry for the rather harsh "tone" but I really don't understand what point Oton is trying to make. If any.
I am  sorry you fail to understand me, sir, I think I was quite clear about the matter.
Please, read my post a couple of times, until you understand what I wrote.

Thank you.

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
Quests are an addition to the gameplay, not its main feature.
So, they DON'T have to be completable by anyone.
I'm sorry you are so frustrated by the questing, perhaps I would suggest you try different aspects of the game?
Leveling? PvP?
Is that what mean? If quests aren't the main feature then, yes, they shouldn't be completable by anyone .

I didn't made a formal complaint as a manifestation of my "frustration". I posted a few suggestions in the suggestions forum. I don't see how what I suggested would basically tip the balance of the game. Honestly. I think it would make quests more logical and the questing more enjoyable. I think that's what both me and you want don't you ?

As for the compromise you're talking about, do you mean that you didn't want the people to feel pressured to quest so you made the quests difficult but not impossible ? OK. Makes sense in english but if you ask me it just punishes the people that actually enjoy questing and crafting. At least that's how I feel. Anyways, the suggestions still make sense to me and they're on the table, so to speak. If people heed my call fine if they don't is just the same. I'll just sell 15 more diamonds and get over with.

Edited P.S.
@Geomanticus The quest in question is called "The Armor Bearer", you can get it at level 30 in Imperial City.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:09:41 PM by DMDM »