Author Topic: Provinces with multi-tiered buildings  (Read 1716 times)

Offline loveblue

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Provinces with multi-tiered buildings
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
OK, I found that provinces with multi-tiered buildings have caused some accidental mistakes to some players. I'm lucky to say that's I'm not one of them, but I do get troubled at first. I don't disagree about this multi-tier buildings feature as it comes helpful for many other players. And I do think that they will do no harm if they are managed in a good way, which is ~in my opinion~, not the case at the moment.

I have some suggestions that I think would help reducing (if not avoiding) any further mistakes:

1. Why don't we add the description after every the shop name?. For example in Grunar Province: Body Guard (Tier 4 Armor), The Squid (Tier 3 Armor), Western School of Crafting Arts (Tier 4 Crafting School), The Fat Sailor (Tavern). The current descriptions, while they're amusing to read :D, provide no info about the building tier. Although you can actually know the tier from the building quality (higher tier buildings have better structure), this clue is easily missed by some players. But I don't think they will miss the tier info placed beside the building name, don't you think so?

2. I see the current buildings placement is just placed randomly (maybe for some artistic reasons). Sometimes a tier 4 building is just placed between tier 3 buildings. I don't see any benefits of this kind of placement for players. Why don't we group the buildings based on their tier?. For example: just place all the tier 4 buildings on the right side and the tier 3 buildings on the left. I think it will be easier this way, especially for newcomers of those provinces. The imperial city town has this kind of grouping if I'm not mistaken. ---> I know the consequences of this suggestion of course. Players that has already been accustomed to current placement will find it hard to rewrite their memory.  So, it's up to you (the developer) to decide whether to change them or not.

Crassus

Re: Provinces with multi-tiered buildings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:04:28 AM »
The first one is a good idea... And there are already some buildings with tier at description (healers i think).
But the second i believe it is a bit pointless... I do not believe it will make any difference.