Author Topic: Putting a large bounty on someones head  (Read 2860 times)

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Putting a large bounty on someones head
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »
I have a suggestion, regarding an intersting aspect of the game. Placing a bounty on another players head in the game. I think it would be an wonderfull thing to implement in IH. Be able to place a bounty on a assasin's heads and thus seek revenge.

What do you think guys?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:25:10 PM by newcomer »
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Putting a large bounty on someones head
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:26:51 PM »
The assassin is a computer generated character, correct? Not a really player?
I don't think that would work. There are thousands and thousands of players in this game, having a headhunt for one character would be over in one day. That's my opinion.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Cuorion

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
Although it would sound as a great idea, I don't think it is implementable in IH. I mean, let's say you put a bounty on me. I just go and hide myself in a safe province and it's all over.
Furthermore, if you place a bounty on me, it must be for a reason (for example, I attacked you and got a certain ammount of gold from you and you cannot defeat me to get it back. What's the point in paying (aka losing) even more gold to practically gain nothing, besides myself trying to find you again and retaliate?

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
I will try to formulate a very rude example what I meant. Pardon my english, a bit rusty presently :)

Someone looted your hero. You are looking for "revenge" and putting a bounty on hero's head in the IH Newsletter. The system takes a commission for your announcement as an intermediary. All bounty hunters start to chase the "bandit" in order to earn the bounty within the duration of the bounty award period you choose. Mind, no matter what province is the so-called alleged "tug" /safe, no-mans land etc/. The award can be announced up to 2 days after you've been looted..

P.S. I know the characters / people who "professionally" loot heroes. They methodically gather information, search and find rich "victims." I will not mention names. It has become a kind of "business".  A way of gaining gold. Such a counter-measure would be an interesting innovation in IH I presume.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:33:52 PM by newcomer »
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

Crassus

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
This sounds like my suggestion (http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=5466.0)

Although it would sound as a great idea, I don't think it is implementable in IH. I mean, let's say you put a bounty on me. I just go and hide myself in a safe province and it's all over.
Furthermore, if you place a bounty on me, it must be for a reason (for example, I attacked you and got a certain ammount of gold from you and you cannot defeat me to get it back. What's the point in paying (aka losing) even more gold to practically gain nothing, besides myself trying to find you again and retaliate?

This is right... for me this is the biggest problem... to pay someone to do a quest for you (perhaps clear a dungeon or gather some resources for you) it makes more sense...
Give me one reason for someone to declare bounty on someone's head (except for "Sicilian" reasons) and i will support the idea.

But to make it work we need to set rules of engagement, rewards etc...