Author Topic: Bug in quest  (Read 3188 times)

Offline deMolay

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Bug in quest
« on: May 15, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
Hi, im playing the Realm3, nick templus... I have done the first quest in the Tavern of the Imperial City in Tier1, which was, that i have to craft 7 of leather armors...so I did..If I crafted the last one I go to the tavern to take my gold  8)...but... The quest was still not completed, I have to craft the 7th Armor >:(
..hmmm..so I have thinking, its an little bug an I crafted one Leather Armor more as I have to do... after I look to the Quest book,.. all OK, quest is completed,..nice ..I go again to the Tavern to take my gold for the Quest..but ups...bigger problem appears if I click the button COMPLETE , I get no gold, but an Warning :
You are missing one or more items to complete your quest!

just look :

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:45:24 PM by deMolay »

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in quest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
This is actually quite common, and is probably not a bug.

When you craft items for a quest, you need to:

• craft normal (that is, not rare or legendary unless stated),
  • and the items must not be bound to anyone (unused),
  • and they must be in your backpack at the time you visit the tavern. They cannot be in your cache, and cannot be in your home.

Check to ensure that you have met all three of those requirements, and post back here if you still cannot complete.

Good luck!
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline deMolay

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »
aha :)
..so..in the bag im possible to have 5 from this armors not 7 , there is no place for the 7 armors  rest of them are in the cache  :o...hmmm... damm
I will cancel the quest,..thanks for the reply

few minutes later ....
...HA..and now ist the same quest changed ,..u have tu craft not 7 but 5 armors  :) ...hehe OK i have anough of them  :D

few minutes later 2 :
im tired...i have to craft again the 5 armors.. what a shame, i think IT have changed this quest during my crafting of the 7 armors..oh *hihi*
nwm,..pls close ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:22:42 PM by deMolay »

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
I think you have pointed out a bug. The quest should not have asked you to craft a number of armours that your cannot hold with your current setup (that is, being non-premium). The quests should be tailored to the player, and if it is impossible for the player to hold all of the items that need to be crafted, then the quest should not be given.

As for your last point, you are correct. You will need to craft 5 NEW armours, the ones you crafted previously cannot be used for completion of the quest.

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
As someone said some time ago in other topics....just take a quest that you can complete :D

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
I understand your point, but if the system already reads the recipes that one has learned, surely it could also gauge whether the user has a premium account or not, and not request the crafting of large items that cannot be held.

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 03:23:50 AM »
I understand your point, but if the system already reads the recipes that one has learned, surely it could also gauge whether the user has a premium account or not, and not request the crafting of large items that cannot be held.

Not 100% sure but something like this is already applied to story lines, to be playable from all premium or not.