Author Topic: Why, oh, why??  (Read 2589 times)

Offline strategy

• Level 34 Warrior
  • Tier 1
    • View Profile
Why, oh, why??
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
Just reached next tier with two of my players, and got an ugly suprise! :o
Gear I use couldn't be replaced with better gear for one simple reason - you limited gear for 15+, 25+, 35+ etc   *WALL* :rant:

I can't believe it!
I entered next tear just to find out I can't get any good gear at all!!
Main reason geting far in game is having better gear. And now you cut it.

Also, I noticed that prices have skyrocketed!
SO, how to reach next lvl while having previous tier equipment which is not good enough for next tier??

This is very, very, very bad move.
Both for players, and for you, game team!

After months playing this game, this is on really ugly suprice. *guns*

Judith

Re: Why, oh, why??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:04 PM »
Just reached next tier with two of my players, and got an ugly suprise! :o
Gear I use couldn't be replaced with better gear for one simple reason - you limited gear for 15+, 25+, 35+ etc   *WALL* :rant:

I can't believe it!
I entered next tear just to find out I can't get any good gear at all!!
Main reason geting far in game is having better gear. And now you cut it.

Also, I noticed that prices have skyrocketed!
SO, how to reach next lvl while having previous tier equipment which is not good enough for next tier??

This is very, very, very bad move.
Both for players, and for you, game team!

After months playing this game, this is on really ugly suprice. *guns*

Why, oh why didn't you read the news...
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=9141.0
The rule about the level requirement has been announced  « on: May 18, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:21:39 PM by Judith »

Offline strategy

• Level 34 Warrior
  • Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:41:55 AM »
That still doesn't explain such bad move.
Gear from 1-4 lvl is crap. There must be some consideration of lowering some gear lvl insted of pointless grinding with crappy gear.
All usefull gear is after 5th lvl, and completlly NONE in between 1 to 4.

Just checked auction house and totally dissapointed  *WALL*

What was the point of that reckless move??

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:16:14 AM »
Look... This rule was announced long before applied. There was plenty of time to post your opinion at the subject before the applied. Now is simply fact that this rule exist. We are appreciate your opinion but there are not much to do...

As for equipping 2 times at tier 1 i do not think that is fact... Players at tier 1 reach quickly lvl 5 just using the basic equipment (the one you start). And this means you can gather money and equip at lever 5, it didn't change anything there. The most affected tiers from this rule are tier 3 and 4. At tier 2 all are normal since you can do some "experimentation" with equipment, something that was happening and before the rule...
( I remember at tier 2 i changed more mercs, and equipment than tier 3 and 4 together...) And finally at the rest tiers advance to x5 level is taking some time and you are experienced enough with game mechanics to know what to do... But needs some attention....

P.S. I suggest you to see here:
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2482.15 (last page, last post)
And say what you think about here:
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=9621.0

And to make sure there will be no surprises at the 21/6....
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=9689.0 

Thanks  :D

Offline strategy

• Level 34 Warrior
  • Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
Yeah, my previous post was concerning levels 31-35, but I wrote 1-4 since that can be aplied on every 10 lvls (first 10 not included).

-----------------------
Now I'm in bizzare sitauation of: grinding slow in previous tier (officialy I am in tier4 BUT, really, still hanging in tier3). Dissapointing.
Same situation with my other character (tier3 but can't handle any enemy since he cant equip nothing decent).
To be precise, I CANT find to buy ANY lvl 24 staff fot 2 days, since noone waste res on that crap.

Im trying out to compensate this forced handicap with mercs, but they're hard to find and too cheap to equip.
Instead of looking new gear for my char, I dig dirt for buying gear for mercs. Again dissapointing.
And it also brings less xp.

------------------------
So, as far you dont moderate that rule, or either dont do some serious gear lvl balancing, advance in this game will just get more frustrating.
Everyone knows you just CANT use previous tier gear for higher tier dungeons. Adding more frustrating rules (like this one) doesnt help at all.
So, IF you try to get people more frustrated from being forced to comply to painfull and slow playing - you're doing well.
Having rule for every non-critical stuff - its killing joy for everyone.
--------------------------

In the end, please, just bear in mind. GAMES are made for having FUN. WE (players) participate because of FUN.

Complicating and forcing rules = less fun :(
Ignoring feedback on rules = no feedback in future.

And the result, when game is finally smothered with every stupid rure people can think of:
NO FUN - NO GAME.

Hope we don't get to that...

Offline sunkacro

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
all recipes x4 are crap, i think that is problem, we need better x4 recipes..

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:26:17 AM »
Well if you want my opinion, i was fighting at tier 3 provinces when i was tier 4 (at first levels with lvl 38-39 epic equipment...) I think tier 4 is difficult at the first levels no matter your equipment.

If you do not think that your tier x4 level equipment is good, you can always keep your previous tier equipment until you reach the x5 level, in fact this way you are saving money and have all the time you need to search at the market and buy the very best for you at good price...
Actually this is the strategy the most players follow...

Im trying out to compensate this forced handicap with mercs, but they're hard to find and too cheap to equip.
Instead of looking new gear for my char, I dig dirt for buying gear for mercs. Again dissapointing.
And it also brings less xp.

Finding good mercs isn't that hard... the max it took me 3-4 days and that at tier 5.
Yes you gain less xp with mercs but you can take a difficult quest and finish it... Also even if you are lower than x5 level your mercs can be higher, thus better equipped than you... So let them do the work and use your support skills to help them...

In the end, please, just bear in mind. GAMES are made for having FUN. WE (players) participate because of FUN.

Complicating and forcing rules = less fun :(
Ignoring feedback on rules = no feedback in future.

Games are made for FUN yes, but where is the fun if something is too easy and there is no challenge?
Also every people finds fun different games....
And finally as for "ignoring feedback" i think you are wrong...
Just because the game developers don't reply at every feedback/suggestion doesn't mean they didn't read about it and keep it in mind... If you go to suggestions you will see that the most suggestions (supported from other players too, and complete opinions not simply change that....) have applied to the game. Also there is no way all the players be happy about the changes. But when you are unhappy the best way is to do suggestions not to simple disagree about them.

Finally the more complicated a game the more complicated the rules.

I really thank you for your opinion. But coz i believe we are missing the point and we agree to disagree i lock this topic.
I will be glad to see you at "suggestions" sector.