Author Topic: Siege battles (attacked by another guild) combat logs.  (Read 2111 times)

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Siege battles (attacked by another guild) combat logs.
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »
Is there any way I could see the combat log for siege battles ? Our castle got attacked today, we lost, but I'd like to see the combat logs if there's any way that's possible. I've noticed at least a few bothersome discrepancies in the fights. For instance a guardian merc with 7490 armor getting critted for 185 damage by a ranged (crossbow) mercenary, the ranged mercenary damage being 296-532. That shouldn't happen. What can I deduct mathematically is that basically the guardian merc mitigated in two folds. First the damage got mitigated to minimum damage because of the high armor then the crit (min damage*3) got mitigated again. That shouldn't happen as far as I know. Crits don't get mitigated like that. It's damage-(the ammount mitigated by armor*%bonuses).  I'm sure nobody understood anything ( :D) but maybe it can be looked into it or I can look into it if getting the logs is a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Actually the math fits to the decimals. If that guardian has guardian stance 7/7 then it fits.

Damage is 296*3 = 888 (whereas it should be 532*3)

Mitigation is 7490/12= 624

888-624= 264

Guardian stance reduces the damage with 30%.

So inflicted damage = 256*.07= 185.

The fight in question is in my profile, DMDM Realm 3, against 0ziris. I don't have time to look for more discrepancies right now but I bet there's more.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Judith

Re: Siege battles (attacked by another guild) combat logs.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
You can view the battle logs from siege in the newsletter.

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
Yes I can see the "battles". What I would love to see are the actual "parses". You know, the "text". Not the graphical part. The reason behind it is that you can't discern if what you "see" is what actually happens (for certain) and for sure you can't see why it happens.
 Let's discuss my example above. That guardian merc should get hit for quite a bit more. Maybe is a visual bug, which it's pretty OKish, or it might be a mechanics bug in which case the actual battles are flawed. I looked a bit more on the "battles" and it looks like in a number of occasions my mercs, although able to multi-hit (volley) would hit only one of the opponents mercs, without any apparent shortage in spirit. I would look further but, like you, I'm at work and pretty busy : D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:48:27 PM by DMDM »
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Oton

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »
The detailed report is only kept for debugging purposes, thus, you cannot see it.