Author Topic: Crating blue item yielding zero crafting points.  (Read 2790 times)

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Crating blue item yielding zero crafting points.
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:28:32 AM »
This is the second time it happens. First time it happened when I was leveling up Tier 2 I reported it through "Ask for help" I got a so-so answer, let it rest because I was banned from forums and on the other hand it was 6 points and I wasn't 100% sure.

Now I'm 101% sure of it . In Tier 3 I have 315 points. 3 points are a left-over from an Emerald Composite Bow and 12 points are from a Staff of Spirit I crafted. I was trying to craft a Thunder Lance, the first I failed and crafted it normal the second being rare (blue). Still 315 points. Unless by "special item" you mean legendary then I need my 12 crafting points. Given the price on rubies, iron and what not.

The account is DMDM on realm 3, the item is in the bag.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: Crating blue item yielding zero crafting points.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »
It is no bug

That's why the IH staff made this topic, http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=7663.msg28949#msg28949 , to help players understand everything about crafting.

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »
Oh lordie. That's harsh. Thanks.

Edit:

Actually I can't see why I didn't get the CPs.

"In Imperial Hero world crafting mastery means a chance of creating rare, legendary and epic items - way more powerful and mighty versions of the regular ones. These craftings we call "critical"."

and

"- After you have reached 200 Crafting Points in the relevant Tier, you are allowed to improve your craft skill in this tier, meaning - you now have a chance to craft a "rare" version of a certain item. It's important to know that after you've reached 200 CP you'll receive points in the same tier only for critical crafts. The same applies for secondary occupations - after 200 CP you receive points only for "critical" resource processing."

I have two (now) rare crafted pikes in my bag and zero points from them. By "rare" I mean blue with 1 extra stat, so by definition, critical, CP yielding crafts.

I read what you linked top to bottom and there is nothing there explaining why I didn't get 24 CP's. The only place "legendary" is mentioned is that you get a base chance to craft them at 300 CP's.

"Tier 3

- 0 to 400 crafting points can be earned.
 - Reaching 100 CP unlocks Tier 4.
 - Upon reaching 200 CP the crafter receives 4% base chance to produce rare items. 
- Upon reaching 300 CP the crafter receives 2% base chance to produce legendary items.
 - Upon reaching 400 CP the crafter receives 1% base chance to produce epic items."

Am I missing something here ? I'd like an "official" say on this. I won't craft anything in Tier 3 or sell the pikes until then so what I'm writing is verifiable.  By the way, I managed to craft a legendary pike and I got CP's for it.

P.S.

From the same thread :

"Characteristics of the Secondary Professions.
- Upon reaching 200 points the crafters  receive 4% base chance to earn 2 crafted materials from 1 raw material.
- Upon reaching 300 points the crafters  receive 2% base chance to earn 3 crafted materials from 1 raw material.
- Upon reaching 400 points the crafters  receive 1% base chance to earn 2 crafted materials from 1 raw material.
- Upon reaching 500 points the crafters receive 2% bonus to the critical hit chance when processing materials and after that - upon reaching 600 points  - another 2%.
- The crafting tools for Jeweller and Tanner, which the hero equips, affect the critical hit chance when processing materials."

I'm guessing here but I think you meant:
- Upon reaching 400 points the crafters  receive 1% base chance to earn 4 crafted materials from 1 raw material.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:58:20 PM by DMDM »
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
If you have 300 CP that means that your best craft is a legendary object. The best things you can craft are the critical crafts and you will receive points only for them.

After reaching 200 CP a will receives crafting points for:

-200-300 - for rare items;
-300-400 - for legendary items;

400 CP being the maximum at main proffesions you will not receive extra CP for epic items.

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
I understood your point. At the same time in that post there isn't anything saying speciffically that. The two sentences I quoted in the top of my post coloborated imply that rare, legendary and epics are called "critical" crafts and after 200 points you get CPs only from "critical" crafts hence from rare,legendary and epic crafts. I know it might be semantics but either I got bugged or the post needs to be changed so is  clear. I'm not asking for a "refund" or the mechanics to be changed if that's how things actually work. If that's the case then the post needs to be "clarified".

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »
Andy is correct, but he sent you to a different post than I would have. The FAQ states it much clearer...

Point #5 of the Crafting section says:

After reaching 300 crafting points in a particular profession - only the crafted legendary items (those which have 2 modifiers) give CP.

The FAQ is here:
Imperial Hero International > General Category > Questions > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I consider this question answered...

(locked)
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »

- Upon reaching 400 points the crafters  receive 1% base chance to earn 2 crafted materials from 1 raw material.

And this is fixed...

Cuorion

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Sorry to "intrude" in a locked topic, but if the Beginner's Guide for the Crafter is supposed to be the revamped F.A.Q. I believe it should be edited so it clarifies said detail. Since it is a Beginner's Guide, it's target group is not supposed to actually be aware of this detail.

P.S.: Just a reminder. Regarding crafting, you can always take andy's replies as "official" ones. :)